We are hiring for a Manager, Mobile Development to join our CGM mobile app development team in our San Diego, CA office. You will be leading and managing a team of Android & iOS mobile application software developers to successfully deliver world-class apps. This is a new role we're adding to the team, created due to the growth of our mobile application teams, product success and company expansion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead & mentor a mobile engineering team delivering best-in-class Android and iOS mobile applications for our line of CGM medical device products
- Work with marketing and key stakeholders to define scope of projects and seek organizational alignment
- Develop and manage project schedules and report and resolve project issues
- Manage completion of requirements and design documentation
- Enforce internal software development procedures that complies with medical regulations
- Interface with software test to ensure high quality product
- Proven success managing mobile software development teams (Android and/or iOS)
- Experience managing mobile development projects
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both inside and outside the engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 8-12 years of industry experience. 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience.
Directs the activities of a software applications development function for software application enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related computer programs. This position oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of computer programs for commercial or end user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or personal applications products (e.g., spreadsheets, tax packages, personal finance programs). Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations. Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, and users to define application requirements and/or necessary modifications. May also have responsibility for testing and documentation. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the function.
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific functional area.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and knowledge of company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Develops a proficiency of the company's business / market in order to inform decisions.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to team members / supporting employees using established company policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.