We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us with the next big thing – a new business to help more than half a billion people solve a really important problem. You’ll collaborate with product teams, designers and other developers to create a truly delightful mobileexperience. You should love to build beautiful apps that delight and excite users as well as deal with complex technical challenges. This is a high-impact role for an experienced mobile Software Engineer to be part of the team defining a new Bose product category that will improve people’s lives in ways they didn’t imagine possible. Hint: it’s not a radio.
If the prospect of making a positive tangible impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other really smart people, then we want to meet you.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the design and development of iOS / Android applications.
- Minimum 1year of either experience of coding in Swift and strong knowledge of Objective-C or Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Excellent understanding of best practices for networking, concurrency and threading
- Knowledge of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms
- Working knowledge of Xcode, iOS SDK, Instruments or familiar with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Experience with Git, Cocoapods, CI, and Fastlane (iOS engineers only)
- Experience with UIKit, CoreGraphics, CoreMotion (iOS engineers only)
- Experience with Media Controllers, Android Motion Sensors (Android engineers only)
- Experience with Bluetooth and BLE
- Experienced in analyzing performance bottlenecks
- Experience with SQLite or similar databases
- You possess a disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance issues
Preferred engineering skills:
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS / Android community
- Experience communicating effectively with server-based, RESTful API’s
- Experience with Apple Push Notification Service (APNs) or Other Push Notification services
- Experience with web development, distributed systems and parallel processing
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Advanced degree in one of those disciplines is a plus.