Validic enables organizations – across industries – to harness the potential of personal health data. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by building technology that makes personal data actionable. We’re seeking a Mobile Software Engineer II, who will contribute to the team’s success by building out both the Android and iOS SDKs used by Validic’s customers’ mobile solutions. The individual in this position develops software and collaborates with product owners and team members on design, planning, coding, testing and releasing solutions to ensure the timely delivery of data to clients.
What You’ll Do at Validic
- Work with team members to develop and deploy software necessary for communicating with and transferring data to Validic’s platform from mobile devices and their connected devices.
- Assist in the development of various projects requiring integration of the mobile SDK, including building the user interfaces for mobile applications.
- Implement features and bug fixes within both the current Android and iOS SDKs, as well as in the Cordova, Xamarin, and React Native wrapper. This includes core enhancements, API integrations, device connectivity through Bluetooth, and maintenance of Validic’s OCR technology.
- Ensure timely delivery of implemented functionality in an agile fashion.
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers in design sessions ensuring that all solutions are aligned to business value and architectural specifications.
- Work with multiple teams to identify and troubleshoot application code related issues.
What You'll Bring to Validic
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- At least five years of mobile software development, with demonstrable experience in both the Android and iOS ecosystems
- Knowledge of Kotlin and/or Java 8+ required and Objective-C and/or Swift preferred
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines, along with related tools such as Jenkins, Travis, or Bitrise. Working knowledge of wireless communication, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, and NFC a plus
- Ability to learn, proactively seek and apply new knowledge and skills to stay ahead of emerging technologies
- Ability to think outside the box, work on complex issues, push personal limits and cohesively learn and share with team members
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects in an agile software development environment
Why You’ll Love Validic
- Our team is great. We’re incredibly talented folks dedicated to the mission.
- Our problems are important. Healthcare is going to undergo massive changes in the next few years. We’re going to help make those changes better.
- Our work is challenging. While iterative, it’s not repetitive, and what you’re doing is going to have a huge impact.
What Validic Values
- Authenticity - We set aside egos and employees bring their own flavor.
- Freedom - We lead with trust and get Super Healthy Information Technology done.
- Empathy - We challenge directly and care personally.
- Purpose - We innovate passionately to make an impact.
The Fine Print
Location: Durham, NC Office or Remote US Based - Our core hours are 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer in a variety of environments with multiple distractions.
Relocation assistance not provided. - No recruiters, please.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. Please note visa sponsorship is not available.
Validic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, genetic information, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability status, military status, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.