This role designs, develops, documents, tests, implements, and debugs new and existing software solutions for large-scale proprietary software for internal use. Serves as technical expert on development projects. Participates in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality. Identifies and evaluates new technologies for implementation. Analyzes components to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed. Analyzes user needs, system requirements and business processes to determine technical requirements. Consults with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug components to meet needs.
*This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Designs solutions after gathering business and technical requirements.
- Develops software solutions that are high performing and meet technical standards.
- Supports testing and problem solving/debugging of solutions.
- Implements software solutions following best practices.
- Experienced in collaborating with multiple technical teams to drive solutions that are cost-effective and requirement driven.
- A working knowledge of various infrastructure & middleware technologies utilized in providing applications services; deployment methodologies and tooling; multiple database architectures, structured and unstructured; DevOps for CI/CD.
- Experience working with the following skills:
- - Angular, Cordova, Ionic, Node
- - Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Tool Suite
- - iOS, Android
- Works well in a team setting both locally and remotely.
- Strong collaboration / communication skills with the ability to work with business & vendor partners as well as various IT teams.
- Experience with XML, .Net and or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Good understanding of database structures and ability to write semi-complex SQL queries.
- Good understanding of webservices and integrations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Experience with agile or Scaled Agile Framework a plus.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in information technology OR,
- Master's degree and at least 3 years of experience in information technology OR,
- At least 7 years of experience in information technology.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.