Summary of This Role
Analyzes business problems to be solved with automated systems. Formulates and defines automated systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements and are within stated sizing estimates. Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit design, assists in integration and acceptance testing, where necessary; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
What Part Will You Play?
- Works on multiple medium and high complexity projects and programs from a business solution and design perspective and mentors lower level Web Product Analysts, drafts and reviews the solutions documentation, collaborates with QA resource, developers and technical teams.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert, providing added value to clients and internal teams through knowledge of company platforms and provides recommendations on the alternative solutions, with a consultative approach. This includes product enhancement analysis and design, supporting and contributing functional testing approach, actual testing and validating as necessary.
- Develops and provides recommendations on product enhancements as part of client projects, ensures that functionality is designed and developed in a method that can be re-used by technology.
- Reviews risk/impact assessments for changes, analyzes functional components affected, estimates Solution effort and, coordinates estimates across all relevant parties.
- Conducts analysis on multiple medium to complex problems, supports issue/problem resolution, implementation, notification, and post-implementation support as the product subject matter expert to minimize client impact. Guides and mentors lower level Web Product Analysts to provide issue support to development and production support teams.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: In Information Technology, Business, or related field and/or equivalent of training and experience
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in integration, IT platforms and technologies in a Business Analyst environment, experience working with Web and Browser technologies.
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in document preparation, financial services, solutions design, programming language fundamentals, scripting knowledge, and understanding of data structuring
- Pursuing or having achieved Business Analysis certification (CCBA, CBAP, BCS), International Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent a plus
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Problem Solving - A seasoned, experienced professional with strong problem solving skills and problem resolution is based on a broad base of business knowledge
- Prioritizing/Multi-tasking - Ability to manage priorities in a matrix managed environment
- Facilitation and Negotiation - Demonstrates the ability to stay on task and lead to results, maintain scope, and negotiate between differing objectives to arrive at consensus within timeframes given.