Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Mobile Platform team has substantial impact on Dropboxmobile product development with a focus on making it easier, faster and safer to develop and shipmobile products.Mobile development at Dropbox happens in a decentralized, distributed fashion. The Mobile Platform team is, in many ways, the central glue that keeps everyone working together. Wework withinternal customers (engineers, engineering managers and product managers) to make sure we build components, tooling and process that work for Dropbox’s scale.
- Build the next generation of mobile application frameworks and common components to make shipping best in class mobile software as easy as possible.
- Collaborate closely with teams across Dropbox to understand and build what is needed to enable a delightful mobile developer experience.
- Build mobile telemetry components and systems to enable data driven decision making and to ease troubleshooting.
- Ensure mobile applications can be rapidly and safely delivered to our customers through robust release tooling and processes.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product managers and designers across the company.
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing on Android
- Enthusiasm for building components and systems with reliability and long term support in mind
- Understanding of what it takes to deliver mobile applications at scale
- Eagerness to educate and collaborate with others
- Platform experience building components that enable fellowdevelopers is a huge plus
- Strong systems engineering background is a plus
We're looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate and you would like to strongly influence the direction and culture of our San Francisco office, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.Come joinus, and have an impact building out an application that millions ofusers depend on every day.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)