- Develop comprehensive promotional programs for the defined portfolio including all elements of the promotional mix: development of detailed financial options and customer models, launch plans for new products and programs, definition of services offered, selection of go to market strategies, communication tactics, and collateral and other support materials as appropriate.
- Develop clear understanding of the market(s) served, based on close customer interaction and market research. Determine the optimal product portfolio to meet the customer needs and maximize revenue and profit opportunities for the portfolio.
- Review defined product portfolio with regard to strategic fit and company growth expectations and make recommendations on product introductions, exits, and sourcing partnerships.
- Develop and implement new product introductions and market exit plans.
- Understand and analyze the competitive landscape, including competitor market strategies, sales tactics, and programs offered. Make adjustments to assigned product sales and marketing strategies to manage competitive threats/opportunities.
Product Knowledge and Expertise:
- Acquire a superior knowledge of the technical features and clinical and fiscal benefits of assigned portfolio and act as knowledge resource for field based personnel and customers, presenting information to audiences of varying sizes. Working in conjunction with sales management, develop comprehensive tools and informational resources for sales force that create independence and confidence in customer interactions.
- Provides product knowledge to other internal partners as required (Supply Chain, Customer Engagement, Learning and Development, Service Support, etc.).
- Partner with Finance colleagues to direct analysis of product sales & profitability. Act as key liaison to executive management and field sales for interpretation and recommendations based on analytical data provided by FP&A.
- Perform analysis on program utilization. Provide interpretation and recommendations based on data to executive management and field sales to drive growth.
- Provide monthly unit and revenue forecasts to the appropriate internal functional partners.
- Contribute to the development of the annual sales and expense budget.
- Manage assigned A&P and T&E budgets within set parameters. These parameters will include total limits, phasing of spend, potential adjustments due to business needs communicated by senior management.
- Build superior knowledge of customer and market needs. This will be acquired by spending time in the field, traveling with sales representatives, and meeting with customers. These customers will include health care professionals and other individuals involved in the selection, purchase, and/or use of Joerns’ MME portfolio.
- Work with other customer-facing internal partners to develop customer-focused preventative maintenance and asset management programs.
- Participate in development of tradeshow and educational conference content and activities. Attend and perform booth staffing duties as required.
- This role works very closely with the other members of the Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Service Operations, and Finance organization to understand broader customer needs and identify, develop, and drive the Product Management team’s programs and campaigns to give Joerns’ MME products proper positioning and adoption in targeted markets.
- Identify additions or modifications to existing lines by maintaining close contact with key customers, clinical support and sales teams.
- Provide input to sales training. Work with Learning and Development trainers to develop product training modules. Participate in sales training classes and other training activities as appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years commercial medical device experience in operational and/or product management with focus on product lifecycle management and new product development in a hybrid rental / capital structure.
- Healthcare continuum experience in global setting.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Experience managing and driving profitable growth from capital assets and developing recurring revenues from differentiated programs, disposable products and value-added accessories.
- Dynamic and decisive, as well as highly collaborative, with ability to work within multiple cross-functional teams.
- Analytical background with strong data analysis experience and performance management expertise.
- Solid business acumen and experience in a highly matrix, global organization.
- Marketing discipline, process and product commercialization expertise.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, high-growth, changing environment with a positive, change agent mentality.
- Excellent written and oral communicator in both large and small group settings. Engaging and dynamic presenter of often complex and/or clinical information to internal and external audiences of various sizes. As a representative of Joerns, professional demeanor is required at all times with internal and external interactions.
- English fluency; multilingual in German, Dutch or Spanish is preferred.
- Requires functional knowledge of selected business programs including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation programs, and other server based applications and ERP systems.