Job ID 539616BR
Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) provides a global technology platform for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. We deliver a world-class guest experience through continuous innovation and engineering excellence.
As the Manager of Engineering for Reference Platform, you will deliver enterprise wide native as well as hybrid mobile applications for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Technology in an agile software environment. In this role, you will leverage the latest tools and technologies to deliver new projects and enhance current capabilities. Disney Parks mobile applications are large and complex, unlike anything else you will find in the travel and entertainment industry today.
Key aspects of the role include working closely with the digital business teams to drive requested capabilities throughout the entire development life cycle including conceptualization, estimation, design, development, QA, deployment and support. The successful candidate will have a combination of skills, including prior mobile application development experience at large scale. Other key attributes include test driven development philosophy, agile software development principles, project management, business acumen, and evangelism to successfully accomplish this opportunity.
- Deliver enterprise native mobile apps for Walt Disney Attractions Technology in an Agile software environment. Manage a highly motivated, efficient engineering team that delivers high quality native mobile apps.
- Collaborate closely with digital business teams, design, quality assurance, project management, and system engineering teams.
- Responsible for ensuring teams are collaborating in a cross-functional team’s environment.
- Establish best practices to streamline app store and Google play submission process.
- Handle performance, high-availability and stability in all deliverables.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in managing technical professionals.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership in Native App Development.
- Has 10+ years of software experience (5+ years of mobileexperience, 4+ years of software development experience)
- Builds excellent software engineering teams: co-located, distributed and remote
- Excels in software estimation, project planning, dependency management and schedule analysis.
- Experience developing native apps in iOS and Android.
- Automates code delivery and quality with continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Delivers software in an Agile environment.
- Delegates work effectively.
- Manages simultaneous software projects and priorities with ease, including conflicting ones.
- Mentors the engineering team and raises the overall skillset/capabilities over time.
- A comfort level with complex and matrix organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Understanding of the creation and consumption of REST Web Services.
- A sound understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of e-commercearchitecture, connectivity technologies, web hosting, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development and multi-vendor environments.
- Emphasizes reusability, maintainability, scalability and defect-free coding via well-factored code and CS fundamentals
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent