- Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and production equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy.
- Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences.
- Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems.
- Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations, Material Handling Equipment) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments.
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electricaldistribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds, and production equipment as it pertains to assigned buildings.
- Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities. This to include building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related equipment.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Complete Hazard Assessments as necessary
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must complete all required safety trainings as scheduled
- Practice Defensive Driving at all times
- Submit P-card Receipts Daily
- Update work order status in real time
- Utilize CMMS systems such as Corrigo for all work performed.
- Refer Customer and Manager in a timely manner for escalating problems or issues
- Attend work and safety meetings as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in the technical aspects of packaged HVAC, plumbing, electrical, production equipment repair and maintenance. Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
- Two years of trades school or documented apprenticeship in electrical systems, refrigeration and HVAC, plumbing or other craft skills, preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Universal CFC recovery certification (or within 90 days of employment)
- 3rd Party Certification, preferred
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license, and perform Vehicle Safety Inspection
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of overall system design and applications.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel, preferred
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
- Lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Working from heights.
- Frequently climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, stooping, and working/extending overhead.
- Working in adverse conditions (i.e., extreme cold, extreme hot).
- Driving for long periods of time.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300 lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
- Climbing a ladder up to 30 feet.