Mobile Network Systems Engineer
8 - 10 years experience •
We have partnered with a large manufactures electronics test and measurement equipment and software company in the Columbia, MD area to provide them with a Senior Mobile Network Systems Engineer .
- Provide system installation support including; packaging breakout and installation of equipment; create installation drawings/instructions, cable management (to include fiber, coaxial, and twisted pair); initial OS and application software installation; generate as-built documents; initial system configuration and equipment checkout for proper operation including system implementation and troubleshooting support as it relates to the client GSM, UMTS, and LTE network monitoring system elements.
- Provide ongoing support of installed base of systems; remote and on-site troubleshooting, software and hardware updates; including 24/7 remote telephone support as needed
- Provide solution design recommendations. Ensure software packages and as-built documents are current.
- Duties also include: network planning, lab testing, lab support and troubleshooting and system administration support as related to client systems deployed in the field or in customer lab facilities.
- Planning and coordinating large and small scale network projects within a multi-vendor infrastructure environment in voice and data telecommunication networks.
- Provide multi-level on-site customer training as it pertains to survey, planning, and installing system functionality and system operation.
- Provide labor reporting, inventory management, indirectly manage other system engineers assigned to the program.
- As availability permits, support sales personnel in pre-sales activities for new business opportunities.
- Must have active or recent security clearance
- 8+ yrs. relevant experiencerequired
- Experience with hands-on rack and stack, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of telco grade servers and systems
- Experience creating install guides and as-built documentation
- Linux system and network administration experience
- Experience with firewall and vpn configuration
- Experience with scriptinglanguages and programming a plus; python, perl, shell, vi
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, NAT, routing, and switching
- Working knowledge of GSM, UMTS, and LTE mobilenetworkarchitectures and protocols
- Networking and security certifications a plus
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Program management experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Position will be located in Columbia, Maryland.
About Relevante, Inc. ? the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contractstaffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please join one of our groups on LinkedIn