Mobile Network System Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
Mobile Network System Engineer - RA
Our client is seeking a talented and experienced, IT professional to join their enterprise IT organization, located in the MD area to work in the capacity of Mobile Network System Engineer. The chosen candidate will provide ongoing support of installed base of systems, remote and on-site troubleshooting, software and hardware updates. Additionally, this would include 24/7 remote telephone support as needed. The ideal candidate should possess experience with network planning, lab testing, lab support and troubleshooting and system administration support as related to systems deployed in the field or in customer lab facilities.
*Provide system installation support including packaging breakout and installation of equipment.
* Create installation drawings/instructions, cable management (to include fiber, coaxial, and twisted pair).
* Provide initial OS and application software installation generate as-built documents.
* Provide initial system configuration and equipment checkout for proper operation including system implementation and troubleshootingsupport as it relates to the organization’s GSM, UMTS, and LTE network monitoring system elements.
* Provide solution design recommendations.
* Ensure software packages and as-built documents are current.
*Planning and coordinating large and small scale network projects within a multi-vendor infrastructure environment in voice and data telecommunication networks.
* Provide multi-level on-site customer training as it pertains to survey, planning, and installing system functionality and system operation.
* Provide labor reporting and inventory management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with hands-on rack and stack, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of telco grade servers and systems is required.
- Experience creating installation guides and as-built documentation.
- Linux system and network administration experience is required.
- Experience with firewall and VPN configuration is required.
- Experience with scriptinglanguages and programming (i.e., Python, Perl, Shell, VI) is a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, NAT, routing, and switching is required
- Working knowledge of GSM, UMTS, and LTE mobilenetworkarchitectures and protocols is required.
- Networking and/or security certifications are a strong plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Program/Project management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) is required.
- Strong, demonstrated problem solving skills is required
16. Up to 10% of Domestic travel will be required.
- Active or recent US Security Clearance is required.
- Present Salary?
19. Salary Expectation? (Salary range: Min $95k,Max $150k,Target $130)
20. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
21. Current Address?