Job Description Avail is a new peer-to-peer car sharing services. There are currently 3 lines of business. Avail at Airport is a car sharing service that connects local travelers who own cars with travelers who need to borrow a car. Avail Communities is a business that provides car sharing within their Apartment community. The third line of business is being designed but would be equally disruptive. You will provide leadership, technical direction and be a hands on member of the mobile development team. Responsibilities include daily management and participation in product and technical design, application architecture, project and delivery planning, writing code, performing code reviews and more. The Mobile Development Manager will contribute to Avail's mobile strategy, develop the roadmap, and lead the execution across various delivery teams. This position will also have a strong focus on programming skills and Agile development with the ability to influence innovation within Application Development.
- Lead the development team through the application development life cycle while adhering to standard project management methodologies. Focus must be placed on quality of deliverables, adherence to scope, and strong management to ensure that projects are delivered on time
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, design and implement new systems
- Hands on development and ability to work across multiple mobile application platforms
- Develop and maintain a high-performing / highly motivated team, by establishing challenging career opportunities, and implementing development programs
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other teams
- Manage App Development store with the ability of publishing apps to the respective stores and build Internal apps � Strong demonstrated ability to work directly with technical leads, engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability
- Work with cutting edge technologies like image recognition, advanced geo-location, and other hardware systems.
- 4 or more years of related iOS software experience
- Swift experience preferred
- 2 or more years of experience leading development teams (technical leadership, work direction, coaching and mentoring)
- Integrate with existing infrastructure to develop/maintain a continuous build and test cycle.
- Experience in troubleshooting product bugs, conducting root cause analysis, working closely with software developers, bug reporting
- Experience with Jenkins/MacStadium or other CI/CD software
- Experience with Github or other source control tools and good understanding of Version control, merging, branching
- Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum process
- Implements and manages the product deployment initiatives and the release processes through development, QA, UAT, and production environments
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a busy and changing work environment
- Strong leadership, team development and business skills.