Dealer Specialties, a division of Dominion Enterprises, is seeking a passionate and experienced Android Mobile developer to join our mobile development team to build native applications using Kotlin™. This is a fully remote position, applicants must be located within the continental United States, preference to eastern or central time zones.
Dealer Specialties' robust suite of inventory products and services enables automotive dealers to take complete control of their inventory, from state-of-the-art photo, video, and inspection services, data collection, window labels, and online merchandising, to inventory pricing, and sourcing. Today’s automotive dealerships enjoy complete inventory management with Dealer Specialties. At Dealer Specialties, you will enjoy a relaxed, inclusive environment, where your hard work, dedication, and creativity are all recognized.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of Android applications
- Needs to be independent to be working on the project alone
- You will implement and ship new features on an agile team delivering the latest and greatest applications to our consumers.
- Assist with design and code reviews.
- Maintain existing applications by fixing bugs and troubleshooting support issues.
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team to implement elegant user interfaces complying with standards and Android material designs.
- Able to bring new strategies and technologies to our current mobile applications.
- Work with multiple teams that includes, but not limited to, UI/UX designers, product owners, QA engineers, team leads, service side developers, and other mobile developers.
- Fully participate in all agile scrum ceremonies.
- 3+ years of experience in Android development using Android SDK and ADT
- 3+ years of experience in Java
- 1+ years of experience in Kotlin.
- Demonstrated experience and an understanding of OOP, design patterns and Android memory management
- Must have experience developing for multiple form factors such as mobile phones, tablets, including portrait & landscape modes
- Experience building multi-threaded applications on Android platform
- 2+ years of experience with concurrency including thread, handler, Coroutines and scheduling techniques.
- Solid knowledge and experience using MVVM architecture for Android, reactive patterns and dependency injection using Dagger2
- Experience with unit test frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of:
- SQLite or ObjectBox
- Image handling using Picasso, glide, etc
- CouchBase or any nonSQL is a big plus
- Espresso is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 3+ years of work experience in applicable field, OR Outstanding self-taught individuals with significant relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience as a Android developer
- 1+ years experience with Kotlin
- Automotive industry experience is a plus