OutboundEngine is looking for a Mobile App Developer for the OutboundEngine Mobile app. You'll need to blend creativity and delight into our Mobile experience, while balancing best practices from Apple and the industry into everything you do.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000+ business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
Mobile Application Developer Job Responsibilities:
- Review and approve the design and development of the Mobile app, incorporating feedback from Product Management, User Experience, Architecture, and Quality Engineering.
- Collaborate with back end application developers to design and refine APIs for sending and retrieving data to and from the mobile application.
- Provide subject matter expertise on mobile design practices, from experience to stability and performance. Mobile is different, and you need to know why and be able to drive a viewpoint.
- Develop and maintain test frameworks and interactive testing, including working with beta testers.
- Instrument with analytics to understand and communicate usage and adoption models of the app.
- Fix bugs as soon as they rise, with extreme prejudice.
Mobile Application Developer Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience delivering commercial iOS applications. macOS experience a plus but not a must have. Be prepared to present and discuss your portfolio of applications and projects.
- Experience with client side and server side implementations/configuration/behaviors of Push Notifications.
- Expert in Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, working with both stock and custom controls (homegrown and external libraries/dependencies). Most development is native, but experience with web views and controls, including working magic with HTTP requests, is required.
- Able to work hand-in-hand with User Experience and Design teams, while also delivering creative viewpoints and solutions of your own. Demonstrated experience with wireframing and prototyping tools a plus.
- Expert knowledge of best practices for testing, instrumenting, delivering, and triaging mobile application releases to the Apple App Store.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Expert ability to work independently and manage your own time.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field required
- 4+ years related experiencerequired.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.