Mobile Applications Developer
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineering professional to join the software team to develop Mobile Applications to work with our industry leading motor drives and controls for the pumping and fluid transfer industry. You will participate in the full software development lifecycle, from software specifications to design, coding, and integration testing as well as maintaining the needed software development documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Develops communication functionality between mobile applications and Franklin Electric products using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Works in an agile software environment.
- Analyzes functional requirements and translates them to product design.
- Manages development projects for new and existing products.
- Manages existing software product improvement projects.
- Performs project risk analysis.
- Hosts software design reviews and code reviews.
- Designs, codes, and debugs applications in various software languages.
- Writes and tests protocols and design verification testing for company product lines. Conducts unit testing. Resolves issues as they arise from testing.
- Creates detailed test plans to validate functionality of software development
- Tests and maintains software implemented in company product lines.
- Interfaces with engineers at remote sites.
- Researches and recommends software tools to management.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses expert knowledge in C++ and or Java.
- Expert at app development using iOS, Swift, C, Java
- Possesses knowledge related to wireless communication (Wi-Fi / Bluetooth)
- Understands UML to document designs, networking and computer concepts.
- Has working knowledge of database management (SQL/other)
- Uses software configuration management and defect management tools.
- Manages large and complex development projects. Demonstrates a track record of successful projects.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field (required).
- 5 or more years of relevant experience (preferred).
- C++, Object C, Java, Python, Swift, XML, HTML, Xcode, iOS, Subversion,
- Magento framework (desired)
- Embedded C-Language programming (desired)
Certificates and Licenses:
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled