The Manager of Mobile App Strategy is responsible for driving the future growth of Foot Locker, Inc.’s mobile app program across its portfolio of retail brands. This role focuses on the overall mobile app experience, and acutely understands what drives engagement within our mobile apps, then uses data and insights to drive decisions to continuously feed the product backlog to help deliver best-in-class app experiences. Building and fostering relationships with many stakeholders throughout the mobile team and across the organization are critical to the success of this position.
Partners with the mobile apps product team to:
- Prioritize new and update existing app features to be in line with best practices and customer trends
- Ensure alignment on a future vision for the mobile apps, in turn setting the development team up for success by allowing them to build with the future in mind (increasing efficiency and decreasing code re-work in the long run)
- Build and maintain a mobile apps roadmap that is kept up-to-date and consistently shared with stakeholders
- Works closely with the mobile brand services team to understand specific brand app needs per the latest round of muse research and brand strategies.
- Constantly feeds the mobile apps product backlog with new engagement tactics to test, new features to launch, and updates to current features, all based on data and insights.
- Partners with the analytics team to understand how the portfolio of apps is performing on a regular basis, and maintain a pulse on how our mobile apps stack up against the competition through external app intelligence tools.
- Collaborates on a regular basis with the mobile research team to stay on top of consumer and technology trends, and use that data to drive strategic decisions for the mobile apps.
- Also collaborates with the mobile innovation team to keep a pulse on future mobiletechnologies, and helps make decisions on engagement strategies utilizing those new technologies.
- Maintains a close relationship with the data team to ensure we are collecting and able to subsequently use data on our customers through the apps in engagement and communication strategies, both in the apps and in otherchannels.
- Stays up-to-date with knowledge of all brand standards and muses within the Foot Locker, Inc. portfolio.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Marketing; 3-5years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience with mobile app strategy or mobile app product management.