For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
In today's fast evolving technology world, one aspect remains common - reliance on data to drive the next wave of innovation. The Mobile Business Strategy Advanced Analytics is Samsung's Center-of-Excellence for driving the adoption of data driven decision making across the company. The team's core focus is developing best-in-class solutions that provide Samsung's business, marketing and service organizations with data driven strategies to delight our customers.
The Mobile Business Strategy Advanced Analytics is powering a paradigm shift at Samsung and the global industry. We are looking for highly technical team members who are passionate about data and deeply understand the mobile industry, have the rigor needed to solve billion dollar problems, and possess an innate entrepreneurial spirit to explore the uncharted. The Mobile Business Strategy Advanced Analytics combines the deep knowledge in the mobile industry business with advanced predictive and prescriptive modeling and best-in-class data engineering expertise.
If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.Role and Responsibilities
The Mobile Business Strategy Advanced Analytics Manager is responsible for managing the successful design, execution, and measurement of major data initiatives across all customer-facing channels, providing a critical link between the most technical areas of the organization and our business partners who activate against Strategic Analytics' deliverables. Balancing excellent business communication skills with a deep analytical understanding is needed to 1) successfully build never-been-done-before analytic solutions in a mobile business environment and 2) interface daily with business partners, sales, marketing, supply chain, and product management teams.Role and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Discover and apply insights from massive data sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Collaborate with Line of Business teams and executive sponsors to develop novel, practical, and operationalized advanced analytical models that drive explicit business value at the customer level
- Combine strengths in business and data management, analysis, applied statistics, and visualization capabilities
- Develop data analysis solutions based on descriptive analyses and predictive models
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, service, development, and engineering teams to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross functional usage are addressed
- Background /
- Extensive mobile industry knowledge, experience solving analytic problems using quantitative approaches and a proven passion for generating actionable insights and predictions from data. Have sales, marketing or service industry experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. Strong knowledge of statistical methods and particularly in the areas of predictive modeling and classification.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- 6+ years' experience in sales or marketing functions for consumer products, retail, tech, telecom, or financial industries
- 5+ years' experience developing predictive models that directly inform and/or enable quantifiable business action, either by providing insights or building analytic applications
- 5+ years Statistical modeling expertise: R required; Python; SQL
- Machine learning expertise: Time Series Regression, ARIMAX, Elastic Net Regression, GLM Regression (linear, logit, multinomial), kMeans/Hierarchical Clustering, Principle Component Analysis, & Decision Tree required; Neural Network, Bayesian Regression
- Data scale expertise: Regular use of data with high-volume (1TB+) & high-dimensionality (500+ variables per schema) required; clear understanding of Hadoop framework with hands-on experience both querying and applying statistics on massive data sets
- Education background: MS or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics required; incremental MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company's competitive position.
* Please visit Samsung membership
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.