The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
What You'll Do
- Develop, train, and validate CNN models for object detection and object tracking problems with high accuracy.
- Build and develop performant, maintainable, and scalable ML pipeline for model training and evaluation processes.
- Build and maintain high quality datasets for object detection and object tracking models.
- Work with QA to understand the customer pain points and help bring resolution to the issues.
- Write and review technical documents, including requirements and design documents for existing and continuously evolving features of the ML projects.
What We're Looking For
- BS Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or a related field with 2+ years of experience in systems using machine learning and other artificial intelligence techniques OR MS in Computer Science, Data Science or a related field with 1+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of more than one programming language (Python, Java, C++ etc.). Proficient in Python is preferred.
- Solid understanding Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art Machine Learning techniques, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision.
- Hands-on experience with common machine learning frameworks and libraries – Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, OpenCV.
- Experience working closely with data scientists / SWEs and appreciation for their unique workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal. Ability to collaborate effectively across teams and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner.
- Ability to stay commercially focused and to always push for quantifiable commercial impact.
- Ability to work both independently on ambiguous problems and in highly collaborative team environments.
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.