Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC—faster. We offer the world’s broadest portfolio of silicon IP—predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications. And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.
Job Purpose and Mandate:
Synopsys is looking for an adaptable, passionate and resourceful Project Engineering Manager with high standards and a demonstrated track record of success. A reputation for “getting the job done” and who is a driven, independent and creative leader committed to achieving high quality results in a team environment. The position is for a Mixed-Signal semiconductor Intellectual Property (MSIP) Product Engineering Manager whose mandate is to manage/drive one or multiple MSIP projects from concept to customer delivery.
Managing a MSIP product family includes, and may not be limited to, such tasks as representing the product line both internally and externally; reporting on project status to key customers, working with R&D teams to plan new developments including updates and enhancements to existing products; scheduling and tracking of schedules across various R&D teams; tracking status of the products within the family; working with the R&D teams to evaluate change requests; helping to debug technical issues reported by customers and reporting on product family status. This position may also work with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, and IP Program Management teams in both pre-Sales and post-Sales support.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to connect and interact with people at all levels, including engineers, managers, executives both internally and with Synopsys customers.
- Strong leadership. Able to motivate and drive teams to maximum performance and positive project outcomes
- Good decision maker. Ability to assess situations and decide, or move teams to decide, on direction both strategic/tactical with technical and schedule implications.
- Effective at empowering people to drive toward completion of project goals
- Team and relationship building. Pulls team members together by celebrating individual and team “wins”, treats everyone fairly. Ensures high level of cross functional team participation
- Cool under pressure. Keeps calm at all times and is consistently grounded, focused on team outcomes.
- Good negotiation skills. When conflicts arise due to differences in opinion, willingness to settle the issue while maintaining harmony in the team
- Empathetic. Understanding the needs of the project, team and project stakeholders
- Quick learner with the ability to ramp up on new tools and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires a degree in Engineering or Applied Science (or equivalent) and 8+ years working experience in a related field
- Previous experience communicating with and managing customer expectations
- Previous experience implementing or supporting Mixed-Signal IP preferred and/or experience in an SOC, ASIC or other semiconductor development environment
- Previous program or project management experience. Ability to use and/or knowledge of standard project management tools
- Knowledge of and/or experience in adhering to quality management system processes and procedures considered an asset
- Ability to navigate, manipulate files and use tools in a linux environment considered an asset
Synopsys Canada ULC values the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to provide access & opportunity to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals throughout the recruitment and employment process.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.