The Analog/Mixed-signal IC Design Engineer will be a member of a small, dynamic IC Design team that develops high speed analog designs for optical communications products. He/she will assist to architect, design, layout, measure and productize ultra-deep sub-micron based products.
Key Essential Functions
- Work with the mixed-signal team and system teams to specify and understand the requirements
- Member of team responsible for the analog circuit, layout design, and testing of analog/mixed signal circuitry for high speed (>10GS/s) and high accuracy analog designs
- Review complex IC designs as well as any recommendations that were made for improvements by senior engineers
- Apply solid design methodology from conception to production
- Collaborate with packaging and hardware design team to ensure signal and power integrity specifications are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and Certifications
- Typically requires a BSEE degree with 5 years of relevant experience or an MS degree with 3 years of experience or top PhD with strong research and practical experience.
- Design, simulation and measurement of high speed ICs using CMOS and CML circuits in at least 3 areas below:
- Serializers and deserializers
- Digital-Analog Convertors
- Analog-Digital Convertors
- Voltage Regulators
- High Performance Output Drivers
- High Performance Phase Locked Loops
- Efficient clock Transmission/propagation
- Opamps and Programmable Gain Amplifiers
- Equalization techniques
Highly desired skills and experience include
- Knowledge of electrical transceiver applications including backplane and cable communications.
- Experience with FinFET technology or 16nm or below technology node
- High-frequency layout experience a plus:
- Passive component design: inductors, transformers, transmission-lines, etc… Floorplanning (power/ground, digital/analog signal routing, etc…) Custom transistor layout.
- Design for manufacturability:
Characterization over PVT (monte-carlo analysis)
Electromigration analysis (using Totem, or equivalent)
Power and IR drop analysis
Solid ESD laboratory practices and methodology Construction of test setup to test specific circuitry Experience in the use of high frequency test equipment (BERT, jitter analyzers, VNA, etc.)
Cadence (virtuoso) Spectre/APS Layout validation tools (Virtuoso or Calibre) Post-layout Extraction (Virtuoso or Calibre) EMX Mixed-signal simulations in AMS