Mission Systems Certification and Accreditation Engineer - Journeyman
Project Description: The Junior-level Mission Systems Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Engineer will help review and process mission information systems C&A packages for the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Global Positioning Systems (SMC/GP) Directorate in accordance with DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, update, accomplish Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) entries and updates, coordinate and staff C&A packages for GPS mission systems
- Maintain, prepare and distribute GPS mission systems C&A schedules and package status reports
- Register named GPS mission systems in the Enterprise Information TechnologyDatabase Repository (EITDR) in compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Review GPS mission systems certification policies, programs, procedures and reports for initial and follow-on system releases, including new and evolving cyber system requirements, and document findings with suggested changes
- Administer GPS mission systems information assurance telecoms and DIACAP database tools updates
- Review and distribute the Information Assurance Strategy and Continuous Monitoring Strategy
- Conduct and document Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) and physical security penetration tests on GPS mission systems
- Revalidate information assurance and cyber controls for accredited GPS mission systems, and document findings with suggested changes
- Assess, as required, Higher Headquarters directed changes in the C&A policy requirements for their impact on planned transition from DIACAP to Risk Management Framework and support implementation
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Relevant certification per DoD 8570.01-M highly desired
- 3-8 Years experience performing similar job duties for the SMC/GP Directorate or another related SMC Directorate highly desired
- Familiarity with DIACAP and Risk Management Framework protocols highly desired
- Familiarity with SMC & Air Force Space Command C&A procedures highly desired
- Excellent and detail-oriented organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills required
- Advanced-level competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook highly desired.