The essential job functions for this position include:
- Provide user support for numerous devices and maintain updated software/hardware configuration.
- Responsible for training users on software applications related to flight operations and threat environments.
- Be able to troubleshoot MPE and explain solutions to users.
- Provide email/phone support for IT systems and the software associated with these systems.
- Maintain network servers/client computers with Digital Aeronautical Flight Information Files (DAFIF), current imagery, and flight charts.
- Conduct network centric System Administration for managing automated software.
- Provide intuitive solutions for ever changing user support requests.
- Manage system updates for multiple flight planning systems on a routine basis.
Required skills and abilities to effectively perform this position include, but are not limited to:
- 1. Must be willing to travel OCONUS if requested for short periods of time
- 2. Must be self-motivating, focused, and confident with the ability to listen, learn, and teach.
- 3. Possess the ability to convey concepts to individuals not familiar with a particular topic.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field; or other related discipline or equivalent military training.
- Minimum of four years of experience with SOF operations.
- Minimum of six years of experience using Microsoft Operating Systems, to include Windows 7, and Windows 10.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Performance Flight Planning Software (PFPS).
- Must have a working knowledge of flight operations of rotary wing aircraft.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Operating System and hardware level issues with Personal Computers.
- Possess knowledge of and experienceapplying computer security policy, procedures, and protective measures.
RequiredLicenses, Certifications, or Registrations
- CompTIA Security + certification is required, desired within first month of hire.
Preferredlicenses, certifications or registrations
- CompTIA A+ certification, CompTIA Network+ certification, current Microsoft Certified Professional
Preferred specializedexperienceor knowledge
- Experience providing 160th SOAR (A) Flight Planning instruction is desired.
- Knowledge of Digital Aeronautical Flight Information Files (DAFIF), procedures and associated software is desired.
- Experience in Android Operating Systems and Applications is desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Access, and SharePoint are desired.