Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Training and Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in/with the military. Two (2) years of experienceworking with Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS) and FalconView. Three (3) years of experience in a DoD flying squadron's mission planning cell. Experience with GDSS, GTIMS, and other similar programs to facilitate communications and operations.
General Skills: Must be able to prioritize tasks, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be highly organized. Must be able to handle multiple tasks, possess strong analytical skills, be detail oriented, and be able to operate successfully with little to no supervision.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with a basic understanding of Microsoft Access.
Security Clearance: Must currently possess security clearance of "Secret" or above.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate with the Scheduling (DOS), and Current Operations (OSS/OSO), and Operations Officer (DO) to plan real world and exercise missions.
· Plan all locally generated sorties to include DD Form 175 or 1801 (electronic flight plans), computer generated flight planning and fuel logs. Provide takeoff and landing planning, notices to airmen, charts, route of flight, and G2 extracts.
· Help facilitate last-minute mission changes with all appropriate partners (such as current operations, command post, receivers) to ensure complete and accurate mission planning products are presented to the aircrews.
· Coordinate with Squadron Aviation Resource Management (SARM) to provide daily go/no-go products to the aircrews.
· Coordinates with maintenance to ensure correct model aircraft utilized with correct configuration.
· Coordinates with receiver units to develop precise mission plans.
· For off-station trainers, pursues diplomatic clearances, checks Giant Reports and ASRR for field limitations to include quiet hours, predicted bird conditions and other hazards, field closures, and etc.
· Coordinates with applicable Air Operations Center (AOC) for both off-station training execution and tasked missions.
· Utilize provided mission planning software such as: Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS) and Falcon View to produce all planning products.
· Support off-station aircrews by producing and emailing mission planning products.
· Attend weekly meetings for schedule coordination and deconfliction.
· Utilize GDSS, GTIMS, and other required programs.
· Coordinate with Air Operations Center (AOC) to provide occasional assistance to HHQ taskings.
· Be responsible to communicate operational requirements to other wing agencies such as maintenance for fuel loads.
· Aid current operations in communication with users to determine off-load, air refueling track/anchor, and other operational requirements as directed.
· Understand AMC operational flying requirements and limitations, build missions IAW all FAA, AF, AFI, AMC, and other HHQ-directives.
· Work closely with 6 OSS, 50 ARS, 91 ARS, and 99 ARS Operations Officers (or their representatives) to meet daily flying requirements.
· Obtain Defense Travel System (DTS) capabilities to build, create, and edit DTS orders and vouchers for operations personnel to include: coordination with financial resource advisor, FSS/CSS, and other agencies to produce orders and travel arrangements for operations personnel.
· Be available to act as UCC/GCC support when required.
·Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned.