POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Mission Integration Manager is accountable for ensuring consistent and engaging mission delivery in all markets in assigned territory. The manager will coordinate with market Executive Directors and Community Engagement Directors to plan and oversee all local programming and mission activity related to JA & young adults, help & support, health care provider engagement and patient engagement. Responsibilities include maintaining strong and proactive communication with local staff on organization-wide mission priorities, ensuring consistent delivery of mission goals, monitoring annual metric goals, supporting engagement strategies for targeted audiences, providing technical support around data collection/entries, serving as a resource and support for staff managing mission Local Leadership Board committees, and delivering training and coaching to staff and volunteers as needed. Mission initiatives include, but are not limited to: cultivating health care provider relationships and champions; ensuring compliance to guidelines on the execution of camps, JA family days, and other JA/Young Adult events across the region; and supporting consumer health and patient engagement programming/initiatives. This role also helps translate the organizational vision into an actionable plan by maintaining strong communication with: Community Engagement Directors, Consumer Health Department staff, and Marketing and Communication team members. Maintains close collaborative relationships with assigned Regional Vice Presidents and Executive Directors. Develops and maintains working relationships with key community volunteers, partners, and constituents.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Serve as the primary and direct mission liaison for assigned RVP/market staff. Ensure proactive and consistent communication is maintained by participating on relevant market/region staff calls. Ensure that timely updates are shared with RVP/market staff on Home Office initiatives, mission standards, priorities and annual plan goals.
- Develop and facilitate strategic plans to achieve growth goals for numbers of adult/pediatric health care providers reached, and numbers of health care providers cultivated to be organizational champions within assigned geographic area. This includes sharing HCP outreach tools, resources and cultivation strategies to maximize growth goals in the markets. Shared accountability for achieving annual plan and fundraising goals tied specifically to health care providers.
- Provide guidance and support to assigned market camp programs by facilitating budget management adherence and contract fulfillment processes, and ensuring market compliance to camp standards and risk management requirements.
- Provide strategic direction and event planning strategies to assigned market JA/YA programs, such as JA Days, Teen Transition, and other JA/Young Adult programs. Help facilitate alignment to standards, which include, but are not limited to: risk management, program development, logistics, evaluation and staff/volunteer training processes.
- Provide guidance and support to Help & Support/Patient Engagement initiatives in assigned region. Ensure best practice standards are followed. Guide and facilitate standardized market implementation efforts around Help & Support Programs, including but not limited to: Legacy Programs and Living Your Yes with RA Programs, etc... Connect market staff to opportunities around the Arthritis Support Network and patient engagement initiatives.
- Work with local EDs to develop strategic plans for mission implementation in markets with staff vacancies or areas not directly served by an AF office and staff team.
- Serve as a mission resource for Local Leadership boards across the regions. Deliver webinars and/or in-person trainings and provide one on one support and coaching as needed to staff and volunteers.
- Share strategies and resources with market staff and volunteers for effective collection/data entry efforts in Affinity; encourage accurate tracking of mission outreach and engagement activities through metrics. Monitor progress towards annual plan goals in assigned markets and work with staff to develop plans to overcome any shortfalls.
- Provide on-going training support for market staff and volunteers on mission related priorities, resources and strategies. Participate as “guest speaker/trainer” in Monthly Mission Calls or Nationwide Mission Training Calls as needed.
- Proactively solicit RVP and market staff feedback on existing mission deliverables and ideas for new mission outreach. Ensure market-driven input in shared with mission pillar leaders and reflected in planning.
- Support other projects/initiatives as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and 5+ related work experience in a health-cause, non-profit, education or related environment.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience working in community-based outreach and camp program planning, specifically with children and their families. Experience with staff and volunteer training, camping and group leadership; program management and implementation required.
- Ability to train, coach and motivate staff without formal supervisory responsibility is critical.
- Additional requirements include excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and oral communications; and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
- Must be able to work proficiently and productively in a team environment to achieve goals and complete assignments on schedule.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and adaptable to change, highly organized, easily manages multiple timelines, and completes tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Proficient in technology based programs and platforms (Microsoft office suite, Web Ex, Internet, Presentations).
- Some overnight and weekend travel required.