Job Function Title: Mission Critical Facilities Manager
Job Summary: Includes but is not limited to:
The Mission Critical Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day infrastructure operation, including maintenance. May have responsibilities for corporate real estate tasks and activities, but the primary focus and responsibility is the computer room(s) and critical infrastructure areas. Single point of contact between Supplier team and Data Center Operations organization for all technical and emergency issues. Provide supervision, oversight and assessment of all operations and compliance with all process, procedures, regulations, and client requirements. This position is expected to have the skills required to provide direction to the maintenance team for the repair and maintenance of building infrastructure systems.
Qualifications: Includes but is not limited to:
- Desired 6 years (+) experience in facilities operations, maintenance, and engineering management and supervision.
- Required: High School diploma or GED equivalent or technical training/degree.
- Desired: Operating Engineer or other applicable licenses and Universal CFC's license.
- Desired: Systems Maintenance Administrator, Facility Management Administrator, Real Property Administrator, or equivalent.
- Operate the data center program to achieve 100% uptime and customer service level agreement (SLA) compliance.
- Provide management and engineering support for the development of complex utility/electrical/mechanical switching scripts and procedures (i.e. - Method of Procedures (MOPs), Emergency Operations Procedures (EOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Change Management processes).
- Technical knowledge and understanding of critical environments, including Data Centers, HVAC, Standby emergency power, uninterruptable power supplies, computer room air conditioning, and associated infrastructure. Able to provide feedback and input to capital construction project process including commissioning.
- Implementation and management of Preventative Maintenance Program as directed by the client.
- Reviewing engineering design and provide operational support associated with these technical areas in highly complex environments.
- Manage the Operations Budget for the facilities assigned, providing updates on the expenses on a monthly basis and ensuring that the budget is met. This includes direct technician labor, third party spend and other corporate real estate services.
- Proficient in computer applications and software such as MS Office and email.
- Ability to think strategically and successfully articulate and communicate an effective vision for best in class performance of critical facilities.
- Ability to solve technical problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ensure that all work management processes, programs, and requirements are well understood by the engineering operations/services teams.
- Ensure that all personnel, vendors, and contractors fully understand the requirement for strict adherence to the critical awareness processes, programs, and protocols.
- Extensive knowledge of energy management and sustainability programs, processes, procedures, and metrics.
- Assist with regulatory inspections (thru EH&S, local regulators, tax auditors, etc.) Environmental audits, OSHA inspections, etc.
- Requires working knowledge and application of: Computerized Maintenance and Management Systems (CMMS), Building Automation Systems (BAS), Building Control Systems (Direct Digital Control (DDC) and pneumatic)
- Ability to make effective presentations on relevant topics to internal departments, employees, clients, and/or management.
- Ability to manage and track Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics for the buildings under their responsibility.
- Ability to manage client contracts for the delivery of services provided by other vendors. Including but not limited to janitorial, landscaping, pest, guard services, elevator, fire systems, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage and perform Human Resources type oversight (performance management & evaluations, personnel evaluation for hiring of Mission Critical staff, training/onboarding).
- Dealing with client employees/tenants/groups within the critical facilities. Fielding complaints/concerns and managing response appropriately.
- Potential travel requirements depending on geographic responsibilities.
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
#LI - SW1
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .