The Mission Critical Business Development Leader will be a recognized thought leader having a deep understanding of the Mission Critical trends, researching serial builders and potential customers and executing business development action plans for the Mission Critical sector.
This position will develop and execute strategic business plans, maintain and grow the Mission Critical sector relations, public relations and client development activities.
In addition, this position will work in alignment with local Business Developers and Operations staff to accomplish market sector goals and company Key Strategic Initiatives. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements strategic plans to successfully achieve business development goals within the Mission Critical sector
- Develops and maintains a professional network to support ongoing efforts to secure opportunities for the company within the Mission Critical Group.
- Identifies, attends, and provides thought leadership at industry specific trade association meetings and conventions. Coordinates attendance and participation with other JE Dunn resources.
- Travels to JE Dunn office locations, accessing professional network and the target clients in the local market as well as interfacing with local business developers, JE Dunn marketing, and operations staff to advance the growth of Mission Critical.
- Manages a nationally coordinated strategic communication that guides market sector activities, published monthly.
- Manages and performs business development, marketing and public relations activities in support of Mission Critical sector and overall company goals.
- Participates in Project Review Committee presentations on projects requiring its review.
- Prepares interview teams with key message points, supporting visual documents, and content delivery strategies.
- Participates on industry/community boards and /or committees.
- Inspires a sense of team in the work environment. Utilizes communication and conflict resolution skills to foster teamwork and collaboration. Models a positive and professional attitude, maintaining composure under pressure.
- Communicates and explains goals and encourages and motivates team performance and productivity in alignment with broader work program and corporate goals and plans. Leads and facilitates effective team meetings. Recognizes individual and team accomplishments.
- Removes obstacles and solves problems and addresses escalated issues from team members to optimize team performance and productivity.
- Serves as a change agent by supporting corporate and work program change initiatives. Models and communicates positive approaches to adapting to change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Has previously obtained and maintains a deep understanding of topics and issues most salient to the Mission Critical market.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking, solve problems and develop creative solutions to assist clients in fulfilling their mission.
- Integrator and collaborator
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to obtain information or solve problems in support of the team’s goals.
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships.
- Understands business acumen and financial aspects of the contracting process in the construction industry.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction science, marketing, management or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 8+ years business development and salesexperience in the building industry or related experience (Preferred).
- 2+ years management experience (Preferred)
Req Id 21101