Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking an experienced professional Mission Assurance Manager ( MAM ) to implement and manage a Quality Assurance System and specific customer quality flow-down requirements throughout proposal and program lifecycles. The selected professional(s) will tailor existing quality planning to administer customer and internal quality requirements to Raytheon program teams and supply base. The selected individual(s) will act as the voice of the customer to independently assure mission success.
The MAM is responsible for leading a team of cross product team of Mission Assurance Engineers. Responsibilities may include employee performance development, staffing, as well as supporting programs ensuring that Mission Assurance technical requirements are developed using approved development processes and procedures. The MAM must be able to work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Supplier Quality, Hardware Quality and various Engineering, Supply Chain, Contracts, and Program Management disciplines.
The selected individual will perform with minimal supervision:
- Execute Mission Assurance responsibilities as a member of a program leadership team
- Ensure programmatic and technical risks are identified, contained, and managed throughout each phase of business pursuit and program execution
- Ensure Mission Assurance engagement in engineering development, design and test requirements verification, including the transition of design to production
- Lead multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on six sigma, lean practices and other analytical improvement methods and tools
- Manage business and program performance utilizing predictive and proactive measures and metrics
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with program management, cross-functional program leadership, suppliers, customers and government representatives.
- Lead Mission Assurance teams in performing to expectation and mentoring individuals in talent enhancement
- Minimum of 10 years leadership in Quality or Engineering
- Application and adherence to Quality Management Systems IS0 9001 or AS9100
- Working knowledge of Industry and Government Mission Assurance Requirements and Standards
- The ability to lead, coach and mentor others in routine settings and difficult situations including managing direct reports
- Ability to collaborate with program team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems
- Past or present active member or chair of Material and Failure nonconformance review boards (MRB/FRB)
- Experience in leading or a member of risk & opportunity management, assessment, mitigation and capture
- Experience in predictive and proactive measures and metrics assessments and leading actions to improve performance or mitigate problems
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering, reliability and system safety requirements
- Strong written/verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain a Secret SAP/SAR security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access
- Possess a Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or Industry Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification Experienced in Earned Value Management and Cost Account Management including EVMS Level II certification
- Experience with Raytheon IPDS/gating or program phasing (nonrecurring/recurring activities)
- Working knowledge of Raytheon RCAS or a proven close- loop corrective action system Raytheon Expert Certification or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Manager
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology, or Quality Assurance
Desired Education: Advanced Degrees in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technology