Job Description :
Systems Engineer is needed to support ongoing development efforts.
A Systems Integration Engineer verifies that testable hardware and software modules can be assembled and connected in a manner that achieves the overall system's physical, functional and performance requirements objectives.
This responsibility applies to both newly designed developmental items and mature hardware coming off the assembly line.
The design verification process is performed to a well- constructed Integration and Test plan derived from requirements generated in DOORS and associated ICD's which validates built-in system performance from the lowest level modules to the final assembled system.
Systems Integration Engineers must operate comfortably with all engineering disciplines including software engineers, designers, and production personnel. Interface with suppliers of modules and critical hardware vendors is an important associated activity.
The ability to troubleshoot problems and coordinating other system integration participants is of great value in performing these duties.
Broad system knowledge including an understanding of the subsystem hardware and software capabilities in servo control, sensor capabilities, emitter capability and permissions for use, intended application, and safety related issues are very important.
Customer presentations including performance results and schedule status.
A valuable capability for a Systems Integration Engineer is the ability to manage security issues including protection of classified hardware and software, software loading requirements and capabilities, and use and management of associated test equipment.
Candidate is required to have expert level experience in integration and test tasks including test planning, execution, and documentation, field testing, and flight tests at military ranges.
Candidate is also required to have Aircraft Integration knowledge including Interface Control Document (ICD) support, and aircraft Software Integration Laboratory (SIL) testing.
Candidate must possess a current Secret clearance.
Travel up to 50% may be required during this program.
- Experience with requirements development, requirements allocation, trade studies, integration and test, flight test support, and customer interaction are essential.
- The candidate must also have experience with air to ground missile programs as described in the Job Description..
- An secret clearance is required prior to start.
- Experience with DOORS is of significant benefit.
- Customer, supplier interface and flight test support will be required. Good written and oral communication are also needed.
- Experience with rocket motor design and supplier interfacing are critical.
- Operational expertise in operating a Lockheed Martin System Support Simulator (SSS) is desired.