$150K — $200K *
Millennium is a small business providing cutting-edge technical support to the defense, space and related industries. We have an outstanding benefits and compensation package. Our most valuable commodity is our people; and we treat our employees in ways that reflect that value. Because we are at the forefront of technology, you will have plenty of opportunity to grow, both in your field of expertise and in your responsibilities. The very best people come to Millennium and stay with us.
Millennium is seeking a Missile Software Engineer to work as part of the Aegis BMD Weapons Engineering Team at the Missile Defense Agency and provide the program office with subject matter expertise concerning the development, production, and sustainment of Missile interceptor software.
• Work closely with the Aegis BMD Program office to provide subject matter expertise concerning the development, production, and sustainment of Missile interceptor software
• Working with industry and government engineering teams to identify and resolve challenges
associated with software testing and development
• Responsible for regular feedback and advice to engineering leadership and program management related to recommended courses of action. This includes documentation of program positions and status via meeting minutes, detailed technical white papers, and presentations related to engineering
• Responsible for contract related support including technical proposal review, contractor performance
feedback, statement of work generation, as well as other contract support
• Work collaboratively with the Aegis BMD government and contractor team
• Participate in working groups, peer reviews, and other technical meetings
• Must possess excellent communication skills to work with the subject matter experts
• Must be willing to travel as required
• Desired Aegis and USN Fleet experience
• In Depth Knowledge of Missile Systems/Interceptor Software
• Ability to provide technical and programmatic expertise to the Customer
• Ability to conduct analysis and make recommendations to the Customer
• Successful problem solving skills, with limited precedence or guidance
• Self-motivated; possess strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
10 - 15 years experience
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline
Active secret clearance required
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Valid through: 6/22/2021