Program: NCMC ITW/AA, Legacy Space: The NCMC-ITW/AA Branch sustains unique ITW/AA Cheyenne Mountain systems, networks and associated components through an enterprise-wide set of integrated mission capabilities, support services, and data products that provide military authorities with accurate, timely, unambiguous and continuous warning and attack assessment of air, missile and space threats. The Legacy Space Branch sustains unique space C2 systems, networks and associated components through an enterprise-wide set of integrated mission capabilities, support services, and data products that provide space situational awareness, object tracking and deconfliction.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead/support any/all efforts to integrate non-traditional data sources (C2BMC and theater) into the CCIC2S Enterprise to display a more complete event picture.
- Participate in DHWG as equal members on behalf of CCIC2S and could work with the operational community and the program office teams to improve the organization’s knowledge about data, display harmonization, and standardizing correlation across programs of record (PORs)
- Explore advance correlation/fusion for implementation into CCIC2S Enterprise
- Data analysis to enable ITW/AA system to keep up with emerging threats
- Harmonizes data displayed to warfighter with other N2C2 systems; Improve fidelity and operator choices to support decluttering screens and displaying data from additional sources.
- Ensures robust algorithm set from multiple sources available to growing group of customers
- Characterize emerging threats more precisely and provide continuous tracking to the warfighter
- Complete event analysis to include, but not limited to: parse message contents, model data, demo, and document results
- Conduct comparative analysis of non-legacy message content vs existing traditional content. (trade studies)
- Applying engineering knowledge missile warning and missile defense mission data processing systems to author and/or decompose requirements and evaluate developer solutions to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture
- Provide analysis and software coding to include but not limited to: coding corresponding algorithm changes, threat processing, augment current fan representation, coding hooks to integrate additional new data sources
- Determine how to display different pedigrees of data and how to filter the source data.
- Improve fidelity and operator choices to support decluttering screens and displaying data from additional sources
- Provide synchronized Advisory and Assistance Service support for ITW/AA, TES, and Shared Early Warning System (SEWS) architectures and operations
- Support planning and integration efforts between Missile Warning (MW) and other mission areas, to include missile defense (MD), battlespace awareness, and technical intelligence
- Provide Global Threat Characterization and Assessment (GTCA) and space systems analysis to support the development and enhancements of missile warning architectures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Valid DoD Secret clearance
- Education/Experience: BS in a related field with 12 years of experience, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- Have the advanced knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability to perform tasks related to the technical/professional discipline as Subject Matter Expert Engineer
- Have a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply systems engineering standards, procedures and practices
- Ability to work independently and apply the proper procedures and processes related to the area of expertise
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot various situations to develop successful outcomes within established program/project guidelines
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Education/Experience: MS in a related field, with 15 years of related experience
- Have a understanding of current and future missile tracking, aero/astro dynamics of missiles, and multi-source correlation/fusion
- Experience with Theater Event System (TES) message formats
- Current missile warning/missile defense knowledge
- Experience in aspects of missile defense systems such as Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), C2BMC, BMDS sensors, Radar sensors and IR sensors is desirable
- Familiarity and/or experience to analyze source data to enhance the Missile Warning and Air Warning capabilities within the CCIC2S Enterprise
- Familiarity and/or experience with automated testing techniques and tools to include Matlab/MAPS/MWNS
- Have an understanding of Design of Experiments (DOE) to systematically determine relationships between factors and apply statistical analysis
- Familiarity and/or experience to parse messages formats from external sources to include: SSMS, CMF, XML, ATOMS, MIL-STD-6016, JSON