- The Missile Defense Chief Architect (MDCE) position is a senior technical position responsible for guiding internal and contract work to define system architecture solutions to address changing threats. The MDCE will work at senior technical levels within Boeing and across Missile Defense Industry and the DOD to provide architecture solutions for missile defense programs and capabilities. The MDCE’s primary task is to guide systems-of-systems architecture analysis to evaluate, define, and balance performance across sensor, fire control, weapons and Command and Control (C2) elements to accomplish missile defense missions and mitigate complex target scenes.
- Overseeing the development of complex Systems-of- Systems architectures (physical, functional, and performance); prepare and present technical study plans, results and recommendations to senior Company and Government customer officials; participate in strategy discussions and proposal development; maintain awareness of evolving threats, real world events, technology advancements, and internal and Government research.
- Moderate travel is required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- CLEARANCE: An active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain access to Sensitive Compartmented Information is required. Active SCI clearance highly preferred. Candidates must clearly state clearance level and most recent investigation date on their resumes. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineeringexperience in the missile defense domain.
- Extensive engineeringexperience with architecture definition and development in the missile defense domain.
- Technical understanding of missile defense, space systems, discrimination, RADARs, and EO/IR sensors operations and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute technical plans and trade studies.
- Experience briefing technical and programmatic data to senior Company and Government customer officials.
- Engineering leadership experience.
- Experience leading internal research and development projects for missile defense or related technologies.
- Experience working technical issues with the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700013579