Are you looking for exciting opportunities to develop, analyze, and mode state of the art concepts in missile defense?
Do you love working in an exciting and collaborative environment to tackle challenging technical problems? Do you want to have a meaningful impact on the world around you and contribute to solving critical challenges that face the country?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a hardworking engineer/mathematician (or equivalent background) to help us develop the next generation of solutions to our nation’s most challenging air and missile defense problems. As the threats to our defenses grow, we need creative thinkers and leaders that will push the boundaries of capability to ensure we stay ahead of these threats by thinking outside the box, taking risks, and collaborating across a team of engineers.
As a Missile Defense Analyst / Engineer / Concept Developer...
- Your primary responsibility will be contributing to the development and assessment of Missile Defense systems.
- You will model, analyze, and lead perform assessments of fielded systems and find opportunities for improvement, propose and develop innovative concepts/algorithms to improve capabilties, and conduct analysis to assess potential future systems performance.
- You will develop presentations to effectively communicate technical recommendations to APL leadership, government sponsors, and the engineering community.
- You will contribute to a dynamic group culture to uphold core values through participation in collaborative teams and activities, as well as a dedication to continual improvement, innovation and risk-taking, and developing high quality products.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or equivalent relevant degree
- Have 1+ year of experience with system-level analysis or concept development of DoD systems
- Excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Have proficiency using MATLAB to conduct analysis and visualization
- Are an effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance by your start date and can ultimately a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Masters Degree or PhD in engineering, physics, or mathematics, and/or a desire to continue your education
- Have specific domain knowledge of Missile Defense Agency systems, sensors, battle managers, and interceptors (e.g., THAAD, AN/TPY-2, LRDR, PATRIOT, etc)
- Have proven experience in leading complex, multi-disciplinary analyses
- Have a Top Secret or higher clearance