Typical duties/responsibilities for sales may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct sales calls with customers to promote ABB Mining offerings. Customers include mine owners as well as OEM/EPC companies doing business with mining customers.
• Perform customer facility walk-through sessions to identify opportunities and capture installed base information.
• Lead the development and implementation of sales account plans to ensure growth.
• Recognize & develop mining opportunities to creatively meet customer needs and provide solutions.
• Work with multiple sales account managers, business units, and third party companies to structure successful cope of supply.
• Establish, build, and maintain long-term customer relationships.
• Develop, execute and drive capture strategies for opportunity-specific sales pursuits.
• Manage sales activities and close sales opportunities into ABB orders.
• Support management with key data and insights on markets, opportunity tracking, and effective selling tactics.
• Maintain an accurate sales forecast within current forecasting tools (SalesForce.com).
• Maintain full compliance with all ABB Policies, Laws, and Regulations (including Operational Health and Safety requirements).
• Achieve input and buy-in from management.
• Support the proposal development process by communicating strategies and key customer issues and by being responsive to the proposal team and when needed by directly involving in proposal process.
• Deliver on results in meeting sales volume and margin targets.
• Understand the scope of each solution or product along with the value that is delivered by each solution or product in the complete portfolio of solutions offered by ABB IAPI.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with client representatives responsible for making or influencing purchasing decisions. Interact with relevant parties to negotiate sales, develop terms, resolve disputes and address quality-related issues.
• Develop account plans that include account strategies, objectives, and identifying opportunities.
• As required, form and lead capture teams as required for a sales pursuit.
• Evaluate and assess competing products / solutions and their market positions; develop and implement strategies and plans to differentiate from the competitors.
• Coordinate and make presentations to customers. Presentations may cover technical, operational benefits, product features, economic justification, product differentiation, etc.
• Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
• Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience in sales, sales support, and/or service of power systems / solutions;
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years of experience in sales, sales support, and/or service of power systems / solutions;
*A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
*A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering and 5 years of experience with mining industry sales.
• Previous experience working with Mining industry solutions (i.e. Hoists, Electrification, Drives, Automation, etc.); recent technical sales and/or client-facing experience presenting industry solutions is heavily preferred.
• Familiarity with Operations & Maintenance practices of mining industry equipment and process.
• Experience in negotiating sales contracts.
• Ability to technically understand customer needs and develop ABB solutions.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities concurrently.
• Ability to listen effectively and understand customer needs.
• Ability to clearly present ABB value propositions to the customer.
• Self-starter & team-player attitude – able to work well with others in a proactive manner.
• Working knowledge of commercial and legal terms and conditions.
• Familiarity with multiple ABB power products and services.
• Willingness to travel 75%.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
• Candidates must already possess work authorization that permits them to work for ABB in the US.
• US citizen preferred.
• This position requires residence in the Western US.