Requisition Number 2018-10259
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants has an opportunity for a highly experienced,self-motivated project managers to successfully drive our mining projects throughout early planning and permitting through development, operation, toclosure. You should have experience of mining, energy, and infrastructure markets throughout the Western U.S. and will report to the SWCA Salt Lake City Office.
What you will accomplish
This Project Manager will have expertise in all aspects of state and federal permitting requirements, to include:
- Knowledge and expertise with NEPA, land use planning, siting and constraints studies, and program management thatsupport mining projects.
- Desired experience in other specialty areas include permitting and planning support to energy and other infrastructure (transmission, transportation and water) projects.
- Essential skills include the ability to manage large and complex projects and milestones within schedule and budget expectations and primarily be responsible for QA/QC oversight of data to support report-writing, permitting and planning studies.
- The ideal applicant will be experienced in managing multiplecomponents and multidisciplinary staff to complete project requirements.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, natural resource management, archaeology, anthropology, geology, environmental engineering/, planning, or other related field
- A minimum of five (5) years combined experience in projectmanagement, environmental consulting, or related mining and energyproject support required
- Candidate should have an extensive working knowledge of mining commodities and support to the mining lifecycle, including exploration, feasibility, studies and regulatory review, construction, operation and compliance, and reclamation and closure activities
- Candidate should have an extensive working knowledge of applicable federal laws (e.g., NEPA, CERCLA, SMCRA, CWA, and ESA) and state regulations governing resource management related to the development of mining, energy and infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated experience with federal agencies, specifically Bureau of Land Management (BLM), US Forest Service (USFS), Office of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE), Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), and/or Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Demonstrated experience with state agencies, with preferences within Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Arizona, and New Mexico.
- Experience with staff and project team supervision and demonstratedability to manage multiple complex projects and programs, in diverse settings and with changing requirements
- Desire to thrive in a highly collaborative team atmosphere
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.