The Mining Engineer leads the development of reserve analysis and mine planning across company mines.
The position also supports local site management in optimizing performance across all mines and quarries to drive safety, operational excellence, and profitability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Mining or Engineering or equivalent required Experience with geological and mine planning software, like Geovia Surpac
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP system preferred.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using engineering tools, able to develop quantitative reserve analysis and long-term operating mine plans.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses,
- and recommendations with regards to current mine performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Works closely with the Operations Management team to assist in performance improvements in mine /plant operations and mine planning.
- Responsible for implementing and managing a professional mine planning process across all sites to optimize production performance.
- Provides support for Capital project analysis, both in the planning stages and post project reviews.
- Works closely with the Sales & marketing Team to ensure mine production will meet sales forecasts.
- Validates and reviews tracking of actual expenses (month and quarter data)
- Works with special projects tasked by Management
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Acts as a business resource to other corporate functions regarding these initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.