This is a role for a senior mining professional with a blend of operations and project management credentials, as well as highly developed leadership skills. Candidates will be assessed against the following critical credentials:
- Ensures that the safety strategy is maintained as a core value of the operations
- Executes business strategy at optimal cost and productivity, without compromising long term growth, i.e. reserves
- Manages P&L and evaluates options for increased profitability and improving mine performance
- Leads the development of the mine’s strategic plan and annual operating business plan
- Leads the strategic plan for the continued development and growth of the mine
- Prioritizes resources for optimal utilization
- Drives a culture of cost efficiency and continuous improvement in all areas
- Oversees the development and implementation of the annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts for the mine site
- Ensures a business case for capital projects, managing benefits vs costs
- Tracks relevant operational performance metrics and processes
- Maintains a hands-on approach to the management of the operations team
- A track record of safety leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering is preferably, and post graduate study would be considered favorably.
- 10 years mine operations experience (including underground mine experience), at least 5 years at a senior management level.
- Familiarity with bulk and narrow vein underground gold deposits and shaft hoisting operations is a must.
- Experience in leading a dynamic team, successfully meeting safety and production targets, while managing all stakeholder requirements.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.