The Energy Management (EM) Division has an exciting new opportunity! If you have a successful track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans and/or selling complex solutions into strategic accounts, and have a passion for driving Digitalization, we want to talk to you!
The MindSphere Vertical Market Business Development Manager will report to the xxx and will play an integral role in ensuring that MindSphere and Digitalization@EM is positioned for long term success. The incumbent will be responsible for working with vertical market sales teams and across business units to develop the strategic direction and relationships that will drive the mutual success of customers and partners with the respective vertical market focused divisional business units. Additionally, the incumbent will identify joint solutions that can be developed with the MindSphere Technical Solutions Architect ensuring that the business develops from project requirements to program solutions applicable across vertical market customers and partners.
• Collaborate across the EM MindSphere team, working closely with business unit and sales teams to drive maximum performance.
• Drive the development of value-add solutions to solve vertical market business problems, incorporating technology and leveraging the MindSphere solution portfolio.
• Ensure that customer and partners’ needs are fully understood and that the appropriate solution has been scoped out, designed and presented.
• Develop solutions that lead to broader vertical market penetration.
• Leverage common framework for engagement, business development and best practices across the EM MindSphere team.
• Utilize the division / sales CRM system in coordination with sales to track opportunities and account performance at the customer and partner account level.
• Manage executive level interface between the companies ensuring that there is visibility to progress of MindSphere within the division and associated business units
• Develop and implement rules of engagements and allocation of resources with sales and divisional business units.
• Provide Technical engagement on joint whitepapers.
• Ensure alignment on corporate messaging & press releases, ensuring consistency in message and focus.
• Understand the competitive landscape to effectively position Siemens MindSphere.
• Define and monitor metrics & KPI for joint success.
• Define and handle escalation and issue resolution.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor degree with minimum of 5-7 years of experience in business development and/or sales experience in the vertical market industry and/ or in the area of enterprise software, Cloud or IOT.
2. Demonstrated track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans and or selling complex solutions into strategic accounts.
3. Measurable results in business development management and closing lead deals with sales.
4. Broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
5. Vertical market portfolio / solutions / customer needs
6. Electrical Infrastructure (e.g. switchboards, breakers, meters, relays)
7. Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
8. Ability to articulate and understand the customer digitalization strategy and Siemens digital solution strategy independently.
9. Demonstrated ability to form effective relationships and engage at strategic levels across large complex end user organizations, partner organizations, sales organizations and divisional business units.
10. Excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
11. Must have easy access to a major airport.
12. Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
13. Proven ability to be successful while operating with autonomy
1. Working knowledge of vertical market industry.
2. Experience developing and or selling digital solutions.
3. Experience in cloud-based software solutions.
4. Experience developing and or selling OEM-based solutions.
5. Deep customer and partner management experience across all levels of an organization (shop floor to CXO).
6. Broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
7. Data management (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, ETL platforms)
8. BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Requisition Number: 221139