Neenah is actively searching for a Mill Manager for our Fine Paper and Packaging Mill in Stevens Point, WI. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations for Fine Paper & Packaging, the mill manager will provide leadership and management direction to operations at the Whiting Mill to ensure achievement of all mill objectives and to conform to established policies and procedures. As the functional leader, the incumbent will be fully responsible for applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 15+years’ experience will full P+L responsibility, supervised/managed large teams (35+salaried and 200+hourly employees) and a proven track record of successfully running large operations. Individuals must be experienced with Six Sigma, Kaizen or Lean Manufacturing business processes. The Mill Manager position will be based in Stevens Point, WI.
Neenah has built a tradition of innovation, service and growth since its founding in 1873 and we create value by improving the image and performance of everything we touch. We do that by providing real world solutions for brand owners that grow top and bottom line sales. Based in Alpharetta, GA with R&D and manufacturing facilities in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Germany, Neenah is a publicly traded company and a global leader serving customers across 6 continents in more than 80 countries. We are a leading manufacturer of both specialty, performance-based products that serve a variety of end markets, and premium fine papers and packaging used to convey and enhance image through unique colors, textures, and finishes. Neenah presents true, varied and exciting choices that are both environmentally and aesthetically exceptional through sound environmental practices at our manufacturing facilities.
Exercise personal leadership to provide an environment that puts a priority on providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees and conforms to applicable local, state, and federal codes and laws governing loss control.
- Loss Control Management System - Management Leadership and Commitment – Corporate Team Member and Whiting Team Lead.
- Develop and implement programs for safety that will emphasize safety rules and practices and act as a positive role model for employees so that mill objectives are achieved.
- Lead the development of effective safety programs at the Whiting mill and eliminate non-value added safety activity.
- Actively engage in driving improvement in leading safety indicators.
- Provide input and information to ensure continuous improvement in proactive safety initiatives.
- Sponsor and create a safety culture in paper manufacturing operations that is high in personal accountability and engagement at all levels of the organization.
- Perform timely and thorough incident investigations with prompt resolution of corrective actions.
- Continuously improve Year-Over-Year safety performance as measured by near miss incidents and OSHA reportable incidents.
Achieve long-term manufacturing advantage for the Fine Paper & Packaging Business
- Maintain an effective Quality management process that will ensure conformance to all customer requirements as measured by customer reported defects
- Develop and implement cost improvement plans and programs that ensure continuous Year-Over-Year real cost reduction
- Work together with other functional teams in the Fine Paper & Packaging business to sponsor initiatives to improve customer service.
- Support changes to products, product development, supply chain capabilities and customer service effectively and efficiently. Actively engage in the process and propose improvements that reduce cost add value.
- Develop and maintain initiatives to ensure long term reliability of the Plant, Property and Equipment.
Manage capital spending to sustain operations, support strategic initiatives and reduce costs while meeting financial expectations
- Develop a 3-year pipeline of cost reduction capital projects to ensure clear prioritization of initiatives.
- Work with marketing to develop a 3-year pipeline of growth capital projects.
- Facilitate evaluation of capital project feasibility and value with a priority on projects that reduce cost.
- Execute sustaining capital projects in manner that seeks to efficiently employ capital without compromising long term facility reliability, effectiveness and appearance.
- Drive non-value added cost out of capital project proposals.
- Continuously reduce the amount of working capital needed to support operations, as measured by continuous improvement in efficiency.
Direct site activities to achieve corporate and business expectations
- Actively engage and lead growth opportunities by communicating internal and external customer expectations. Define and expand manufacturing capabilities to reduce costs and efficiently produce quality products.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal codes and laws.
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping and sanitation.
- Ensure Corporate Financial controls are established and followed.
- Lead efforts to move toward a culture of high achievement and high support.
- Establish and maintain an optimum organization to ensure the mill is adequately staffed with qualified, trained and motivated employees to meet current and future requirements.
- Honestly assess staff and assist with performance plans to identify/develop career goals and maximize individual potential.
- Develop succession plans to ensure bench strength and continue to seek, hire and develop top talent.
- Maintain a positive labor relations climate.
- Positively and responsibly represent Neenah in the local community.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired - Engineering, Management, other
- 15+years of experience in a manufacturing/plant environment
- A minimum of 15+ years supervising/managing large teams with full P+L responsibility
- Leading metrics development and continuous improvement experiencerequired
- Strong leadership and communication skills required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Self-motivated individual with a take-charge attitude and an understanding of personnel management techniques
- Understanding of activities and procedures required for efficient and quality work completion
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, large ERP system (Oracle, SAP), Loss Control Management System