Are you looking to be a part of a fun, high performing and professionally engaging team? Are you qualified? We want you to join our family at Pratt & Whitney today, and fully realize your limitless potential.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. PrattandWhitney is the global leader in crafting and developing state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofan™ for commercial and military aircraft. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, we have locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
The sky has no limits and flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
The P&W Military APU Business Unit, located in West Palm Beach, Florida has an immediate opening for an energetic, analytical and high-powered Program Manager.
Do you have the experience to join our team?
Job Description - The APU team currently manages over a dozen production programs, with 3 new engines in development and the opportunity to capture several more in the near future. Our vision, over the next two years, is to permanently secure our position as the Customer’s Preferred Choice in Military Auxiliary Power and Expendable Propulsion by delivering superior products and services and an unbeatable value proposition to our Customers. At the same time, we will transform our team into a streamlined, agile and self-sufficient organization that is a model for product and process innovation across the entire company.
The APU Program Manager has the following responsibilities for their assigned Program(s):
Overall Leadership Responsibilities -
- Program Leader, Chairperson of the Program Management Team(s) and is accountable to APU Program Director for achievement of total Program venture (P&L, quality, delivery and Customer Satisfaction).
- Accountability and authority to ensure all program objectives and goals are adequately addressed.
- You will resolve conflicting program priorities between Customer, Contracts, Operations, Supply Chain, Aftermarket and all other internal and external partners
- You will ensure program compliance with contract requirements and P&W policies/procedures Customer Relationship and Satisfaction
- You will be responsible for establishing customer satisfaction goals for the program and ensure they are met
- You will primarily collaborate with customers on program planning, reporting of status and schedules
- For follow-on business, lead proposal teams and ensure Program planning supports execution of Program Planning, Budgeting and Execution
- Ensure Program plansupports execution of Program, and makes final decisions on Program issues
- Allocate and distribute Program Product requirements (resources, budget, IDWA’s and schedule), consistent with authorized budget and recognizing availability of resources
- Ensure all model program, technical, and logistics issues relating to quality escapes, repairs, warranty support, proposals, cost reduction initiatives, engineering changes, new engine production, service bulletin priority and fleet risk management are addressed
- Monitor Program performance relative to Plan and make necessary adjustments to ensure Program requirements are met
- Prepare and responsible for material in presentations and position papers on the effect of Program decisions for external consumption. On Time Delivery
- Determine Build Plan and safety stock levels, and ensure that MRP dates accurately reflect the agreed plan
- Partner with the Product Cost Reduction IPMT to set and achieve Program cost targets
- Review part sourcing decisions to ensure cost target strategies are being maintained
- Ensure that the Aftermarket business strategy aligns with the overall Program objectives and is executed according to plan
- 10+ years of experience in program management operations, supply chain and materials, AND/OR project engineers with demonstrated abilities and broad skill sets
- 10+ years of experience Microsoft tools, (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, MS Project)
- 5+ years of demonstrated superiority with written and oral communication skills, creating and giving presentations to a professionally diverse audience that includes leadership and customers
- 5+ years of demonstrated superior business judgment, leadership, time management, written, verbal
- 5+ years of demonstrated enhanced communications and teaming ability to influence and build consensus at every level
- US Citizen, or green card holder due to government contracts
- Ability to travel is required domestically and internationally up to 20% -
you will possess or be willing to obtain a valid US Passport
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Business
- Proven ability to deliver results across a complex, multi-functional organization
- Familiarity with SAP or ERP preferred
- You will harbor a high EQ, demonstrating a past ability to lead and influence our team through a very transformative period
- You will be a person with a positive, “can-do” attitude, sporting energy, enthusiasm, an analytical approach and a history of ingenuity
- We want you to understand complex tech issues at a level that you can drive to closure and communicate those to customers clearly
- You will also have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including executive leadership, customers and suppliers
- You will have energy and a passion for solving tough problems in a fast-paced environment, but the ability to do so by empowering, motivating and influencing people
Bachelor of Arts OR Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, logistics or management disciplines
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 76380BR