milCloud 2.0 Operations Manager
Oversees and manages the 24x7x365 operational aspects of IT operations team and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
In conjunction with the Government operations manager, formulates and defines system sustainment efforts and manages daily activities of Subject Matter Experts. Prepares Technical Action Plans with detailed specifications for support tasks, prepares system status reports, documents all actionable items from customers and provides the PM with sustainment and integration status. Works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications, systems analysis and programming activities including the installation of enhancements, security features, and analytical tools. Provides guidance and training to less experienced personnel.
This position reports to the PM and DPM.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a 24x7x365 operations team supporting global IT operations.
- Develops and maintains operations plan for all functions including System Administration, SECOPS, NETOPS, Service Desk, Documentation management, Incident Response, and the full spectrum of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Develops reports to support contract requirements and both customer and company needs
- Handles all Human Resource functions including interviews, hiring, terminations, performance reviews, and other employee needs
- Develops and present presentations to customers, perspective clients, and company senior leadership
- Identify opportunities and implement for service improvements across all functional areas (e.g., training, knowledge management, documentation, service desk processes)
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Prepares detailed specifications for tasks. Assists in the development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications and helps training staff incorporate changes into training
- Works with PM, developers, and end users to ensure application functions meet mission requirements
- Formulates/defines analytical information to monitor system performance and effectiveness
- Advises on system baseline image creation and reports end-user feedback from contact with operational community
- Manages helpdesk tickets and determines whether internal Tier II or III support is required or vendor support is necessary; assigns tickets as appropriate
- Assists customers with configuration and operation of products
- Provides management with metrics data on operational community issues for statistical analysis of most common issues Interfaces with IA Cyber range in support of exercises, events, and issues
- Monitors endpoint security system posture and provides inputs for CYBER Scorecard
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- DoD IATIII or IATMIII 8570 Certified (CISSP or CASP)
- 10+ years of operations management experience
- Experience managing 20+ employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics
- 10 Years of direct operational experience or 14 years of Direct Experience in Lieu of Education
- Active TS/SCI
- ITILv3 Certification