As the Midwest Sales Director, you will be challenged to use solid business development judgment and leadership skills to lead a team to achieve the financial / non-financial goals through the implementation of sales strategies and processes. You will utilize your experience in the Building Solutions industry to direct, coach, lead and mentor a sales force that provides high quality service and solutions of Building Automation, Fire, Security and HVAC systems.
This position interfaces with the Midwest General Manager, Sales Leaders, and Operations/Delivery Leaders within the district on financials, processes and operational initiatives to ensure annual district growth objectives are achieved.
- As part of the District Leadership Team, provide strategic sales growth direction to drive sales, geographic expansion and increase market share in all Branch locations through your involvement on Impact Reviews and key customer meetings with Owners, General Contractors and Consulting Engineers, etc.
- Develop new business opportunities across lines of business with traditional and new offerings through understanding of market trends, key players in the market and next generation technologies.
- Direct leadership of district install and new customer acquisition sales professionals
- Responsible for development and execution of sales strategies to meet annual orders goal
- Responsible for achieving Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets
- Lead sales strategy for District core business for Install & Competitive Construction lines of business
- Responsible for coaching and developing the District's sales team
- Manage the staffing, performance management, goal alignment, career planning, employee development, training, salary administration, and reward and recognition processes to ensure adequate, competent, and motivated resources are available to achieve the planned results within planned costs
- Provide sales leadership for selected District strategic accounts and opportunities
- Execute new offerings and implement key business initiatives
- Monitor strengths and weaknesses of the value proposition and making required adjustments based on market intelligence
- Monitor quality and integrity of the sales team
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years sales & marketing experience
- 5 years of industry related sales, strategic marketing and/or business development experience in a management capacity
- MBA or Engineering Degree preferred
- 10 years sales, strategic marketing and / or business development experience
- Successful experience leading a geographically dispersed sales team
- Proven ability to work and sell across various diverse markets
- Solid understanding of P&L and ability to build business case for sales growth investments
- Proven experience developing and executing strategies for sales growth
- Strategic Planning: Ability to define the problem/issue and marketing research objectives, charter and resource marketing research effort to create winning business strategies
- Understands how to build sales strategies from market data across multiple geographies / industries and uses common sense approach to execution
- Creative, decisive, high energy and ability to energize and inspire others