Midwest Field Procurement Supervisor / Manager
This position will be located at our Morris, IL manufacturing site or our Clinton, IA manufacturing site. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts. A relocation package will be considered for non-local candidates.
- Manages and develops buyers on the procurement staff located at multiple sites within a region of the U.S.
- Serves as a management focal point with Manufacturing for the region with direct interface responsibility to Manufacturing Site Managers and his/her staff.
- Collaborates with peers in other regions of U.S. to drive continuous improvement and alignment
- Supports development and implementation of sourcing strategies for site specific and regional technical services and materials spend
- Ensure spend not covered under strategy is well managed, via market analysis and negotiation
- Drives purchase to pay process performance improvements
- Contributes to the development and implementation of purchase to pay and strategic sourcing processes, procedures, and systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and manages an effective organization to provide timely acquisition of technical services and materials at lowest total cost of ownership.
- Ensures site procurement goals are aligned with company goals, business drivers, and functional goals.
- Coaches, develops, and motivates employees, including direct and indirect reports through formal and informal processes
- Manages, supervises and develops buyers within the procurement team to meet efficiency and KPI targets.
- Develops effective relationships withinternal customers as well as regional suppliers.
- Acts as a champion of change withinternal customers and staff
- Maintains and oversees focus on value added activities. Can identify and implement alternative, innovative, and creative solutions to drive lowest total cost of ownership. Capable of balancing cost saving opportunity withrisk mitigation.
- Leads projects with moderate to more complex projects. Can manage multiple work streams with significant risk and complexity; develops the strategy for projects including cross functional and can effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Accountable for contracts in area of responsibility including sourcing plans, implementation and metrics when not covered by strategy.
- At the site and regional level, promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated withsupply and technical improvements.
- Ensures high ethical, safety, health and environmental standards are met by the organization within area of responsibility.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong leadership skills
- Drive for results
- Impact and influence
- Strategic thinking
EDUCATION AND KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degreerequired. Master’s degreepreferred.
- At least 8years of related experiencerequiredwith a degree.
- At least 3years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is required.
- Prior experience as a manager, leading a team is required.
- At least 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment, in Technical or Business-related positions preferred.
- At the site and regional level, possesses and advanced knowledge of the company products and processes at local sites relating to production, maintenance, materials management, and purchasing.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply the concepts of general business systems, personnel management, team dynamics, purchasing management, concepts of strategic planning and sourcing, performance measurements, and management through systems at local teams and sites.
- At the site and regional level, possesses an advanced understanding of markets and business practices at site level.
- Up to 20% travelrequired.