NCI: As a Middleware Team Lead, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
- Communicate in an effective manner.
- Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier at PL ALTESS. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in LINUX, UNIX and Windows environments. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards.
- Assists in the scheduling of deployment activity as well as new installations of mid-tier infrastructure.
- Responsible for developing security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet ALTESS and ARMY security requirements.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of mid-tier system monitoring and administrative dashboards to ensure a proactive approach to system management.
- Thorough knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures.
- Know how to perform a Security Readiness Review (SRR) and document the SRR findings in a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) document.
- Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
- Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification: Microsoft, RedHat, Server+
- Education/Experience: BA +10 years (Bachelor's degree in technical field or related discipline)
- Senior middleware administration experience deploying and managing middleware software supporting customer applications.
- Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, or similar class server systems.
- Knowledge of Web Services, both SOAP and REST.
- Knowledge of XML is required.
- Knowledge of DTD, XSLT, Xerces and Xalan is a plus.
- Must possess a familiarity of the Java or C# programming languages to assist developers in debugging applications.
- Knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS and the SQL Server RDBMS is a plus
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows administrations skills.
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell is a plus.
- All positions require the ability to relate to customers in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)