Perspecta provides engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contractsupporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Perspecta performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
To support this important effort, we are seeking a Middleware System Administrator to support the integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services.
The selected candidate will develop, deploy and supportinfrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery; will support technical escalation of advanced issues for problem resolution; and will apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications.
The Middleware Systems Administrator will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project.
- Providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management.
- Implementing complex changes to the infrastructure
- Preparing documentation that explains the technical solution clearly
- Maintaining or enhancing systems infrastructure components and services to ensure that infrastructure is in vendor supported and standards compliant state.
- Respond to incidents according to the government approved Incident Response Plan developed as part of the EOC Task.
- Provide integration support for all Middleware components (including networking) and OIT supported applications interfaces, including but not limited to MQ/Data Power support products (commercial-off-the-shelf and proprietary)
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 5 - 8years of experience, or a Master's and 3 to 5 years of experience.
- 2 years’ experience IBM MQ is messaging middleware
- 2 years’ experience with in incident, problem and change management
- 2 years’ experience in depth experience of working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environment
- 3 years’ experience within Middleware, JAVA or related technology
- 2 years’ experience Open Source Application Hosting Platforms (eg JBoss, Tomcat or Apache)
- 3 years’ experience Knowledge of IBM Application Hosting Platforms (WebSphere Application Server)
- 3 years’ experience working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently
- Knowledgeable in the administration of Microsoft and Linux servers, Microsoft SQL, VMware virtualization technologies, Firewalls, VPN, and Cisco IOS.
- Experience scripting in some administrative language (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, etc.).
- US Citizenship
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of a hybrid cloud integrate with multiple public cloud service providers.
- Experience with automation of the end-to-end service fulfilment for application hosting (e.g., automate virtual machine creation, OS installation and configuration, IP addressing and DNS registration, Java container deployment and configuration, and integration with access management solution).
- Work experience at Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- CBP-issued BI Clearance