$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
San Diego, CA 92101
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 67 days ago
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Middleware Support Engineer
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Middleware Support Engineer III provides architectural design input, administration, capacity and performance management of Commercial off the Shelf (COTs) middleware applications. This position works with vendors oncomplex upgrades, configurations, and installation of applications, drives resolution on critical and chronic issues. The Middleware Support Engineer III acts as a consultant during project implementations to address system availability, disaster recovery plans and critical application support issues. As an integral team member, they will support team leads and management during the implementation of production changes, software integration, hardware upgrades, and assigned projects. This individual performs system and performance analysis as needed.
What You Get To Do:
· The Middleware Support Engineer develops solutions that require complex COTS middleware technologies, and their interactions with the network, hardware, other applications and database layers, as well as the SDLC processes guiding their implementation
· Provides enterprise technical guidance, technical support and direction to less experienced Middleware Support Engineers, and mentors other staff members on corresponding job functions
· Works with the project managers, release managers, subject matter experts, architects, software developers, database administrators and business analysts to facilitate the rapid resolution of customer production support issues
· Performs technical support for maintenance of business and ongoing project implementations
· Participates in the project development lifecycle to ensure operational readiness prior to the completion of production implementations
· Performs analysis on capacity planning and software system requirements for middleware upgrades or software integration
· Ensures production environments are functioning at all times through application alert monitoring
· Responsible for production middleware systems availability and third-tier incident management
· Researches and provides recommendations for methods to improve supportability, availability, efficiency, and cost reduction of applications
· Provides on-call support after hours and on weekends (on a rotational basis) per the departments' on-call agreement to meet SLA's and metrics
· Escalates issues per IT standard operating procedures and policies to vendor resources and management as necessary
· Administers and enforces IT standards and processes
· May provide technical guidance and function work direction to less experienced Middleware Support Engineers
What You Need:
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Individual should have at least five (5) to eight (8) plus years' job related hands-on experience in application support and the job duties listed. PBM or healthcare-related industry experiences a plus.
· Must possess solid skills in the following areas:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Middleware Certification in IBM BPM administration, WebSphere Administration, FileNet Administration, ODM Administration are all preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work independently under limited supervision and as a cohesive team member with excellent interpersonal skills
· Incident management, change management and conflict resolution skills
· Statistical analysis, gap analysis, and risk mitigation skills
· Must have the ability to work collaboratively withcolleagues and within work groups
· Project management or project coordination skills is a plus
· Must be available for on-call work after-hours and weekend work as needed
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
Valid Through: 2019-9-9