Job Title: Middleware Engineer Specialist
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 12+ months
* Experience acting as primary interface among Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering and other technical stakeholders
* Proficient in problem determination, troubleshooting, backup and recovery
* Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Spectrum Interscope
* Experience in coding using Java
* Excellent knowledge of middleware products in Linux/Solaris/Windows such as:
- SOA Suite
- Oracle Service Bus
* Experience in managing projects and implementing middleware/SOA/ESB solutions
As a member of the Integration Team, this position will provide strategic services (best-practice model and implementation strategy) for the entire software development lifecycle of business critical applications.
* Work with development teams to understand build and deployment needs and provide SME support.
* Develop application build and deployment scripts.
* Provide support for day to day application build, deployment of code (Java and /or ETL), and Data models on lower environments. Provide associated implementation documentation for controlled environments, including production.
* Build-out, setup and configuration of new and/or existing environments.
* Coordinate with and provide guidance to project teams on infrastructure related topics
* Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems while working under limited supervision
* Analyze configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions
* Troubleshoot complex issues with limited guidance
* Identify environment requirements to meet project development and testing needs.
* Collaborate with the Deployment Support, Infrastructure Support, Unix System
* Administrators and Database Administrators
* Follow established standards and process.
* Coordinate with and provide guidance to developers on their development environments
* Provide subject-matter-expert advice to the project team for the various platforms used for
* the software development lifecycle.
* Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
* Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization.
* Position requires at least a bachelor?s degree, along with 7 -8 years of experience with at least two of the following: Weblogic, GIT, Autosys, J2EE, Apache/Tomcat, Webmethods, AutoSys & GIT.
* Two years of hands-on experience with SQL, and shell scripting.
* Ideal candidate will be self-driven.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to think out of the box and drive towards high quality solutions and resolutions.
* Must have excellent troubleshooting capabilities
* Must be resourceful and driven in their ability to meet expectations in a highly structured, process-oriented environment.
* Familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus: Jenkins(Hudson), database administration, Informatica.