Are you interested in learning about healthcare professions and the latest healthcare innovations in the KC area? Become part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in both your career and community.
Job Description Summary :
The Middleware Engineer II is responsible for building, automating, supporting, managing, and optimizing new and existing applications and associated software, such as web server software (IIS, Apache) and Application Server software (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Citrix XenApp), on Windows Servers. Websites/applications may be developed in house or commercial off-the-shelf (COTS). Additionally, this individual is tasked with performing architecture and design reviews for platform and tool solutions as well as writing code.Job Description
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IS policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures.
- Communicates business information, technical information, and developments to users and technical staff in both verbal and written form.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and technical strategy, and advises the business where improvements are deemed necessary.
- Designs verification procedures to ensure reliability of newly installed or upgraded systems.
- Researches and coordinates implementation of best practices for systems over which this position has been designated lead. Provides reporting on implementation.
- Manages internal projects of new implementations and software systems upgrades.
- Documents and provides training for new and existing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Software Development, or related field.
- Proficient in implementing security, compliance, and auditing of middleware applications running on Windows Server.
- Expert-level understanding of middleware applications and Windows Server.
- Able to represent complex data in diagrams or through other techniques that communicate precise information to both business and technical staff.
- Strong customer-facing skills and ability to drive troubleshooting with multiple vendors and internal teams.
- Experience creating technical and process documentation.
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Proficiency with web server software (IIS, Apache) and application server software (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Citrix XenApp).
- Experience scripting/programming in a language such as Bash, Batch, PowerShell, .NET, Java, C++, Jython, etc.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting computer systems and peripherals, data/voice communications, and local/wide area networks.
- Demonstrated capacity for complex programming.
- Experience with application server software, such as IBM WebSphere (preferred), Oracle WebLogic, IBM MQ, IBM Sterling File Gateway, Splunk, or Dynatrace.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2016.
- Certification in WAS, MQ, Edifecs, SFG, IIS, Kafka, Dockers, AWS Services, Azure Services.