Job Title: Middleware Architect I
Location: Smyrna, GA
Length: Permanent Position
Designs and develops the enterprise level architecture and platforms required for middleware.
Responsible for support of the Application Development’s Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) initiatives by developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization’s approach to service development, management and monitoring.
Support multiple production systems, lead upgrades, and develop custom applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide leadership to project teams for enterprise services development and validation
- Leads, mentors and educates staff regarding SOA best practices
- Leads system upgrades, testing and capacity planning, configuring, governing, trouble shooting and tuning of SOA components
- Ability to provide technical leadership and hands-on guidance to troubleshoot performance issues with BPM, BPEL and SOA Composites
- Provides guidance to development teams in support of Tactical and Strategic SOA initiatives
- Provides thought leadership and input into achieving objectives and maintaining efficient SOA standards
- Architect and design the production and non-production environments
- Oversees and develops a base set of core reusable services for use in current and future projects
- Provides leadership to continuously improve process discipline and resulting output quality
- Works within the SOA team to develop and maintain service policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensures continuous transfer of knowledge by providing senior technical SOA expertise and guidance.
- Provides input to continuously improve process discipline and resulting output quality
- Install the production and non-production environments.
- Develop any/all necessary services for the development framework.
- Develops a base set of core reusable services for use in current and future projects
- Serves as subject matter expert in the service oriented architecture arenas.
- Works with development teams to streamline their software development processes through the appropriate application and utilization of SOA techniques and services while improving performance and quality
- Collaborates with development teams, business units to identify, define, develop and implement new enterprise reusable services or modifications to existing services
- Ensures developed services comply with established SOA governance rules, maturity and monitoring
- Remains current on SOA/Cloud based software development, testing industry trends and best practices
- Provides support for technical issues and ensuring system availability.
- Ownership of projects and responsible for deliverables
Required skills and abilities:
- Relevant experience as an Oracle SOA Architect with expertise in Oracle SOA 12c technology stack
- Proven versatility across multiple technologies, applications, and industries with the ability to design, estimate, propose, build, and document enterprise class architecture solutions and systems based on Oracle's SOA technology offerings in complex environments (Highly Available and Clustered).
- Experience installing and configuring Oracle 12c middlewaretechnologies
- Ability to work with and enhance complex, highly integrated enterprise applications.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Professional oral and written communication skills, communicate regularly and effectively with other team members.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development, work under own initiative. Ability to prioritize tasks and work concurrently on multiple tasks.
- Project management experiences a plus.
- Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the competencies of the RNDC Manager - Administrative Leadership Competency Model:
- Implement Continuous Improvement: Behaviors which result in the improvement of existing processes or development of new processes leading to greater efficiency. It also includes the implementation and management of change.
- Negotiate Conflict Through Collaboration: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Manage Execution to Attain Results: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Focus on Profitability: Behaviors which have a direct impact on profitability, outside of process improvement activities.
- Attract, Coach, & Promote Talent: Behaviors that contribute to the development of the skills and knowledge of direct reports. This competency includes creating a learning and training environment, coaching and providing feedback, and developing people’s careers.
- Demonstrate Professionalism: Behaviors that contribute to creating an environment of respect and professionalism. Demonstrates excellent communication skills; high integrity; personal responsibility and initiative; treats people with respect; encourages diversity; maintains a positive, professional demeanor; and is serious-minded about responsibilities.
- Create Customer Satisfaction – Administrative: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with external customers (trade/market) and internal RNDC customers that lead to increased customer satisfaction. Includes creating a culture of customer excellence, developing strong working relationships, being proactive and a good business partner.
- Think Critically: Behaviors which involve using metrics and information, and gathering input, to make decisions. This includes effective business judgment and critical thinking, as well having a systemic perspective of the business.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university preferred; 4 to 8years related experience, preferably with a broad understanding of Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Oracle BPEL Process Manager, B2B Integration, Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), Oracle Event Processing, Oracle Business Rules, Oracle Developer, Oracle Business Process Manager (BPM).or equivalent combination of education and experience.