The Office of Justice Programs is the primary grant making arm of the Department of Justice, funding over $4 billion in grants each year. Our contract is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the diverse technologylandscape at OJP and ensuring the OJP's stakeholders have the right IT capabilities to provide needed services to communities and organizations around the world.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Qualified Candidates will possess experience in the following
- monitoring, configuring, maintaining WebLogic 12c/11g instances as part of a cluster on Production, Testing and Development environments.
- monitoring, configuring, administering OHS and Apache WebServer instances
- administering a variety of systems, Linux including RedHat 6/7 and Solaris in a variety of different environments including SSH, SSL, curl, Telnet etc.
- best practices for monitoring and troubleshooting techniques and tools
Cloud experience, AWS and Azure, a major plus
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience