At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Strong Middle Office Analyst 4 candidate with extensive PnL reporting experience and life-cycle management of the energy & commodity suite including natural gas, crude, power, agriculture and metals. Comfortable with both physical and financial derivative products. Strong analytical skills and effective communicator. Candidate should have exceptional excel skills and comfortable consuming big data and articulate what that data represents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5 years in a middle office PnL analyst role with an energy major and/or bank that's heavily engaged in energy trading
- Confidence to face-off with internal business units including front office, credit risk, market risk, other middle office disciplines and settlements